Sign in to follow this  

One more time about editing...

HELP ME PLEASE!!! :-yellow1I'm just started to learn how to create SID/STARS for 737... It's not a problem to do it inserting FIXes. But in my example (image below) I can't create correct SID (red). I started to write this line:RNW 25R RNW 25L KEEP HDG UNTIL 1030 NOT BEFORE 1 FROM NAVAID MR HDG... And how to finish it? Aircraft has to fly rwy heading climbing 1030ft till 1nm to MR and then must turn to the right heading 116. But how to do it??? If I inserting this line:RNW 25L NAVAID MR NAVAID BP plane turns to the left x( Can somebody help me?THANKShttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/30749.jpg

Guest ilh

This looks like a good case for something like TURN RIGHT NAVAID BP, but I don't believe PMDG has implemented specifying the direction of a turn. I wonder if you could fake it with something like HDG 360 NAVAID BP.Are you supposed to track the 296 radial to BP? If so, maybe HDG 360 INTERCEPT RADIAL 296 TO BP would work.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

thank I'll try but why 296?

>thank I'll try but why 296?No it doesn't work :-8

Guest btclarke

Hi Mr Grog (???),There are some difficulties programming SID's and STAR's into the format for the PMDG737. One of the hindrances is not being able to dictate which direction of turn you want. It is not always the most direct route that the SID require.I do in mine just what Lee suggested - give it an intermediate heading to the right, something like about 015 I would imagine. That would give you a right turn after take off. Then you have to intercept QDM116 to the BP NDB as per the BP25D SID. As the SIDSTAR method doesn't involve QDM/QDR, you could use a radial (I think this works - if I recall correctly).Your other option instead of a guess heading to the right would be to make up a few fixes based on a radial and dme from the MR VOR. This shouldn't be too difficult (something like 340/3 355/5) and then a hdg to intercept the QDM 116/Radial 296 to BP. Remember that a QDM is the magnetic track inbound TO an NDB, and the radial is FROM the VOR. Let me quickly try this in FS9 and I will attach the somewhat slaughtered SID to the end....It's a helluva shoot and miss thing these - and they never come out exactly as they state on the SID - but hey, I try get them as real as possible..//************************************// SIDs and STARs for UEEE, Sheremetyevo// Bryan Clarke, 13 August 2003//************************************FIXESNAVAID MR LATLON N 55 57.7 E 37 20.9FIX MR1 COLOCATED MR 067 1FIX MR2 COLOCATED MR 340 2FIX MR3 COLOCATED MR 355 3FIX MR4 COLOCATED MR 005 4ENDFIXESRNWSRNW 25LRNW 25RRNW 07LRNW 07RENDRNWSSIDSSID BP25D RNW 25L RNW 25R FIX MR1 FIX MR2 FIX MR3 FIX MR4 NAVAID BPENDSIDSSTARSENDSTARSGATESENDGATESOnce you have loaded this into the FMC, you will see that your inbound track to BP will be 118. It is *DIFFICULT* to get this exact as the fixes are so close to each other and the MR VOR. But anyway - you get the righ hand turn out to BP.Longwinded - but there is your SID. Forgive me if there are any errors.BryanPS: I disregarded the 1030' climb restriction - the 737NG shouldn't have a problem there, and it will cause *UNTOLD* difficulties when trying to program this sid...

Guest ilh

Because you would be inbound on the 296 radial (116 + 180) flying a track of 116 (that I saw on your chart). Radials are named in the direction from the VOR.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Thanks a lot Bryan.You gave a good way for me.:-yellow1

Guest btclarke

>Because you would be inbound on the 296 radial (116 + 180)>flying a track of 116 (that I saw on your chart). Radials are>named in the direction from the VOR.>>Lee Hetherington (KBED)Hi Lee,I beg to differ. ALthough you will be tracking 116, you will still be flying the 296 radial inbound. That beacon is an NDB, so you will be flying the 116 QDM, not the 296 radial :-)Bryan

Guest ilh

Did I not say 296 radial inbound?Sorry, I missed it was an NDB and not VOR.Lee Hetherington (KBED)