Sign in to follow this  
Guest amerton

Some info on the VNAV fix update

Guest amerton

Hi all,We are making good progress on the VNAV problem. I intend to deliver the patch to the whole beta team tomorrow or Saturday.I hope it should then not be too long to release. No date yet.I have already had quite a few VNAV lovers fly the fixes since a week or so and they are rather happy.Of couse, the ND VNAV deviation indicator is fixed as well. Not only that, it will realistically display at all times during descent, whatever vertical mode is engaged - or not.- TOC TOD calc, predictions have been fixed.- 10000 or whatever start of decel is no longer based on distances forecast but on actual alt.- VNAV SPD descents have been correctly implemented, and are a bit easier to master than PATH descents.VNAV SPD descents is a sort of mix between VNAV PTH and LVL CHG. It will descent idle, level off on alt constraint and fly VNAV PTH level until the constraint, and then resume descent. If it cannot meet a constraint, it will announce UNABLE NEXT ALT, but it will not disconnect. You might like it ;-)You'll be pleased to learn that the management of speed constraints is like in the real thing, where constraints are inherited from above, in CLB and in DES, with decel phantom wpts in descent etc. This works in SU1, but is being made non-apparent by the problems.Also, with this fix, CWS will be properly announced on PFD (but not active, this will come later, if and when we can sort out issues with joystick controlling). But it's nice, and certainly add a "feel".Please bear with us... This fix does not cover all issues you have reported, but is targeted at unlocking a nasty situation with current VNAV.We'll keep you posted !anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Anthony,Sounds good. It'll be nice to have a few fixes in the near future. :)While I'm here, I'd like to ask if you're already aware of something I would call a nuisance more than a problem. It is the aircraft has pretty large changes in pitch when adjusting elevator trim. It would be nice if there were to be an official adjustment to the elvevator trim effectivness to make the plane more reasonable in this aspect and much more of a joy to fly by hand.Thanks,Jimmy Richards

Guest ilh

I don't believe everybody has this problem. I know I don't.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

HiI would believe that this might be a controller problem.I find the A/C easy to trim myself with a Go-Flight controller.2002/su1Best RegardsTed

I would have to agree, this has been the subject of a couple other posts and it does seem to be somewhat hardware related because different people with different setups seem to report different results. I personally (with the AFCS USB Yoke...) find that the PMDG airfile handles trim as good as better than any jet add-on I've flown. It trims exceptionally well, at least by feel. My bigger issue is the way the autopilot handles the elevators. Since I've put off using VNAV until the patch is releaesed, I've been using FL CH for most of my on-line flights. I've found that with this function when I enter speed changes of even ten knots I get excessive changes in pitch which results in very large changes in vertical speed. I wish there was some way to dampen this out so that the aircraft operated more realistically, like it does in roll. 5000-6000 fpm in a routine FL CH descent is just not realistic. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem (I found VNAV whipsawed the pitch pretty bad until I stopped using it awaiting the patch). I suspect it is all about the autopilot logic vice anything to do with how trim is managed...but I don't know. Maybe something to reassess after VNAV gets straightened out.regards,

Guest Spilot

I see the same thing, the pitch is very sensitive on the autopilot and it will change very abruptly, but the roll is nice and smooth. Can you implement this in the autopilot. Especially during a lvl change I beleive, as you climb microsoft fs makes the indicated airspeed drop every once in a while, but the autopilot is so sensitive to keep the perfect airspeed that it starts to bounce with the airspeed to keep it on target, can you make this hold it within two knots or so like PSS did with their autopilot, much smoother and no jerkes in the climb or descent.Thanks.AdamSpilot692000@yahoo.com

Guest Boaz

WOW!!!Thanks for that update, maybe I can start flying again!The SP1 or what you call created some new VNAV problems for me, so I hope this patch will settle the dust a bit...Great news, and nice of you to keep us informed...Boaz...

Hi Anthony,nice to hear progress is being made. Keep it coming guys.RegardsJohn Ka

"I've been using FL CH for most of my on-line flights. I've found that with this function when I enter speed changes of even ten knots I get excessive changes in pitch which results in very large changes in vertical speed. I wish there was some way to dampen this out so that the aircraft operated more realistically" You of course are right here. The answer to your question is yes it can... [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]