Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian_Riddell

Loose Comms/Nav Radio Panel Fasteners?

Guest Ian_Riddell

Urgent: I may have to call FAA if PMDG's Radio Panels are not secured properly! :-)Panel fastener slots should all be aligned, top to bottom, not at angles (If the fastener slot is at an angle, the fastener has not been secured properly and the affected panel may leap out of the pedestal/overhead panel at unexpected times and hit the pilot in the head!).I've ticked the most correct fastener position in the diagram below....http://members.ozemail.com.au/~b744er/737/...elFasteners.jpgEasy graphics fix, perhaps?Thanks.Cheers.Ian "Trivia" R.P.S. Exceptions on fastener slot angle can be found on 767 EFIS control panels (more trivia).

Guest ilh

Wow, Ian. I think you get the prize for most trivial!Interesting nonetheless.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Wow, Ian. I think you get the prize for most trivial!"But very embarrassing when the pilot picks you up for not doing up the fasteners properly :-)Also, I don't know if the 737NG is the same as some of the older Boeings where the pilots main instrument panels are one piece and mounted on sliders, held in with only a couple of quick release screws and one latch. I have heard stories of pilots finding their main instrument panel in their laps on rotation. Very dangerous. Those main panels are no so light and might hinder the pilot pushing the yoke forward. Also, the glass instruments could smash when they hit the back side of the control column. Not a big risk in the flight sim world, but something to think about (I'm sure many avid young simmers will go on to become real pilots and engineers). I've seen cautious pilots pull hard on the footpegs mounted on the bottom of the main instrument panels just to be sure!Cheers.Ian.

Guest Hagar

I also have maintenance experience, and I hate quick-release screws!Well until this is fixed, I`ll wear kneecaps and a helmet :-lol