Sign in to follow this  
Guest whites

Bug list?

Guest whites

Hi all,Just picked up the aircraft yesterday for FS2004 and had a number of issues to report though I don't want to spam the board with them if they have already been reported. Is there an outstanding bug list somewhere?There were two main issues and some other comments.1. The A/P lights on the MCP didn't illuminate when pressed, got myself in lots of problems before I notices that the switches were being activated (the PFD cues changed) I can't remember what I did, I think I alt+tabbed, anyway, after I did something like that... the lights were on and continued to work for the rest of the flight.2. The spoiler arming light doesn't appear to work. Also, I have a yoke axis programmed for the spoiler which doesn't actualy move the spoiler. It works fine in the default aircraft. I think there are some other issues there too.If more info is needed let me know but if they have been covered to death then sorry for the wasted bandwidth :-)I noticed that it is supposed to be using a lot less memory now using SP1, it was using 170mb more than the stock 737 last night(I know, it's a lot more complex than the stock 737), I need more ram!After reading about the A/P and specifically VNAV issues I was a bit owrried but in my first three flights last night it all worked pretty well, except for the initial lights not lighting up problem.I really like the new bird though, I can see that it has had a heck of a lot of work put into it!Steven.

Hey Steven thanks for your post, If you had waited for a moment more the generators would have come on and then you would be able to select AT and the FD. If for some reason they did not you just have to click them on in the overhead panel. The speed brakes are armed by hitting *SHIFT / * and you will see a green annuciation on the panel. It uses more than the default 737, it has it's own AP etc so that is normal. Much more replication and systems going on. More ram is always a system plus ;) Look for a VNAV patch soon, we are right now going over it to triple check some things. Feel free to offer more suggestions or questions that you might have. [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest polarair

I have been flying her for 2 weeks and great but every time i read de forum i see new keyboard shortcuts that i did not find in the manuals or read over them. Is it an idea for a compleat list of shortcuts on the keyboad for everybody to have?Jus an idea, ;)Mike HorstenPolarairways.comThe Gateway VA to the NorthBased At EHAM (Amsterdam Schiphol)

Guest whites

Hi Randy,Actually the problem was with the CMD, VNAV and LNAV lights, the SPEED light did nothing either. The generators should have been ok as I was at 2000 feet or so :-) Oh ,and it was night time. Will see if I can reproduce it.Yeah, I have to use the keyboard shortcut for the speedbrake and spoiler arming because they don't want to work with my yoke for some reason, as I say, they are ok with the stock 737 (and the DF737 on FS2002 or shouldn't I speak that word here! :-))I was trying to get ride of my keyboard for landing and takeoff phases though...Mike, if you're refering to he spoiler arming keystroke that is a standard FS keystroke which can be found in the sims keyboard setup page. My first 30 minutes last night was trying to work out how the SHIFT+number keys operated with each other!

Guest B1900 Mech

I have found that by pausing the sim, Then making an assignment to my CH Products 3 lever yoke, Then unpausing, The changes will take hold. I now have spoiler control assigned to my mixture lever. Jim

Okay, its a sim and it will fly with this anyhow and i won't getting a cold sitting there Just my one cent for whats not a real bug :-lol Gerrit Kranenbarg

Having one cent left over there is a texture issue i would like PMDG to consider. It for sure makes a much better performance for those who don't own the 256 mb videoboards. For one 737-700 i changed all the 32 bit textures into dxt1 or dxt3 if with alpha. The approach plate, which i don't use i made it 8 bit, 512x512.This reduced the total texturesize for that aircraft from 48.5 to 18.2 MB! And its a remarkable change, the aicraft loads much faster and switching views is faster too. But best of all, the annoying stops from memory swaps don't occur which i had too (128mb board) when loading the default 737-700. There is no noticable loss in quality when converting the textures to dxt. Well, this was my other cent :) I really love this plane, sounds are great too, never seen and heard turbines spinning up or down, like this one does. Keep going these fine creations.Gerrit Kranenbarg