Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

Help with sound stutters

About ever 15-20 seconds I get a slight stutter with the engine sound. Just about 1/2 second of silence which is enough to be a little annoying. I just upgrades from a AMD 1.6 GHZ to a P4 3.0 GHZ with 512 MB RAM. Didn't happen on my slower system so I'm assuming its some kind of driver or configuration issue. Using onboard sound system that looks like is by SoundMax. I've made sure to be using latest sound drivers.Any ideas?Matt

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Those onboard sound cards usually aren't too good from everything I've ever read about them. And, it seems everytime someone comes along with a problem such as this, they say they have an onboard sound card they're using. I'm sorry you're having trouble. :( Please have a look at this thread...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...13852&mode=fullSincerely,Jim Richards

Thanks Jim, I didn't find that post when I searched the forums earlier. Looks like Coimbra has the exact same crappy SoundMax onboard sound card that I have. Guess it's time to go out and buy a real soundcard, something I haven't had to do in about 7 or 8 years.Anyone have any suggestions on good soundcard for MSFS for less than $150?? Matt

There are many to choose from. Us SoundBlaster Live users have had an issue in FS9 with corrupted sound but have fixed that by updating to the newest balster drivers. SoundBlaster Audigy is a very nice EAX 2 card or just a SoundBlaster Live series will do you good and you will notice a increase in sound preformance ;)[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]