Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmcevilley

Hdg UNTIL RADIAL Grammar Comment

Guest mmcevilley

Anthony (PMDG):In developing a SID/STAR editor, I noted another grammar issue for which I'd like to get clarification from you. In translating the grammar to its operational meaning I noted the following:'fixentry' has the following acceptable production:hdg UNTIL RADIAL NB tofrom simplefixentryOperationally, I would read that as "Fly/maintain heading xxx until CROSSING radial yyy FROM abc". If this interpretation is correct then I do not understand why the grammar requires the 'tofrom' specification. By definition the radial emits FROM the NAVaid; therefore simply identifying the crossing radial provides sufficient information to determine the point at which the next command is to be executed.The following production suffices:hdg UNTIL RADIAL NB simplefixentry.As an example, the LOOP2.LAX SID RNW 25 has the following definition:Climb via heading 250, at the SMO R-160 turn left heading 235 for vector to LAX VORTAC.Thanks.-michael

Guest mmcevilley

>OK, no clarification needed.>You're right.>>anthony (FROM PMDG)>>Anthony Merton>Precision Manuals Development>http://www.precisionmanuals.comAnthony,Thanks. I was not until I was building a form for data entry that the tofrom issue became apparent.BTW: Any chance you saw my question about the differences in the SIDS and STARS productions - where one requires at least one runway and the other requires zero or more runways? ;-)Thanks again.-michael