Sign in to follow this  

Please read before banning me

I have bought this 737 2 months ago but it is full of problems.I have installed the patch in FS2002 and FS9.But it is useless.It is still making the system functioning slow(5 frames),virtual cabin doesn not exist anymore.My PC is 1 gb ddr ram,EpOX motherboard,2700 + XP AMD,HD scsi,GF4 128 mb etc etcThanks in advance.

Guest Ray CYYZ

You might want to relax the settings you are running FS9/FS2K2 at as I have half the machine you do and get 15-20 fps running at 1024x768 with all FS9 settings at Medium High. Obviously anyone can over crank the settings in FS to render even the fastest PC on the planet a slide show. PMDG's 737 takes about 5 fps away from other FS aircraft, so I really doubt your complaint is about PMDG, more that FS only runs at 10 fps on your machine.I have an AMD Athalon 1.4C (pre new naming), 512Megs of DDR, Western Digital IDE 80 GB, GeForce 3 (original, not the fancier Ti).For you, heres a pretty screen shot with frame rates showing, don't flame the sim because you can't keep your fingers off the detail sliders. Notice locked at 20, but running at 17.1 - 19.7.I would post the same screen with the sliders maxed but whats the point? Just for your info, we get a whopping 3.4 hahaha.The basic point is that if I can get 17.1 on my old rig, so can you by stop thinking you have a Pentium 8 with a few terabytes of ram and a GeForce 9 ... You will get what you put into this. If you want to be unhappy, crank up them settings and make yourself unhappy. If you want to enjoy PMDG's work, move them sliders to the left a few notches and find out just how smooth things really can be.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31107.jpgRay

Guest rbbarker

Ray, Just out of curiosity, would you go over a few of your display settings.Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

Guest Ray CYYZ

Yep, it's really simple:FS9 out of the box.Changed resolution to 1024x768 instead of the default 800x600.Changed sliders in all catagories to Medium-High.Only config tweeks was to turn off the ugly red brake message and turn on the frame rate averaging.Graphics card (quite obviously because I want more then 1 fps) is not running any Anti-Aliasing modes).Smooth enough to have this and thats what it is all about. Lets put it this way: It looks a lot prettier then PS 1.3 :9http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31144.jpgRegards after my first perfect end to end flight!Ray

Guest rbbarker

Ah, so you're running with neither AA nor AF?Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

yeah, your graphics look pretty bad, just to be able to fly this plane ;-)I can't fly this sim without at least 4xAA and 8x Anistropic... It just get's to crapy looking then.I've downloaded that FPS or whatever it's called cloud fix that is suppose to help frame rates and so far so good.Will try it a little later with the PMDG, fingers crossed ;-)Lance

Guest Ray CYYZ

Nope, AA takes one down to 2 fps on a GeForce 3. Even the 4's, it is really a lost cause. Personally, anything under a P4 3.2/5900FX and you are just fooling yourself by turning on AA, sure it looks better, BUT what other settings did you have to reduce to get it? It's the great trade off. I could probably handle a 2x AA, but I would have to turn other things off to do so which defeats the purpose.Ray

>Nope, AA takes one down to 2 fps on a GeForce 3. Even the>4's, it is really a lost cause. Personally, anything under a>P4 3.2/5900FX and you are just fooling yourself by turning on>AA, sure it looks better, BUT what other settings did you have>to reduce to get it? It's the great trade off. I could>probably handle a 2x AA, but I would have to turn other things>off to do so which defeats the purpose.Guess if you enjoy only looking at a panel at FL350 that's a solution ;-)Lance

Guest Ray CYYZ

No Lance, but I am also not one of the folks who set things well past what hardware is capable of handling then complain about crappy framerates for nothing.You will notice that neither of my screen shots were at FL 350, both were rather near the ground. Frame rates at FL100+ fall pretty much in the "who cares" catagory. Since I can hand fly the 737 on takeoff and approach, the frame rates are good enough for me without tossing $5,000 at it.Ray

Nameless- Please read the forum rules here since you are not aware that you must use your real name on each post: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2402&page= I would also ask you not to post more than ONCE with the same issue, you are taking up space for other questions and please think about another use than "Before banning me" as if PMDG don't allow issues you have to be discussed. The forum rules will help you see that you are welcome here if you abide by them ;)[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]