Sign in to follow this  

A few probs...

Hello All,I purchased and downloaded the 737NG yesterday, and having overcome the initial navdata problems (thanks Ray), I find that I have run into a few more problems and I was hoping that somebody might know where I might be going wrong.I was using the NG, originally, with FS2K2 but I was experiencing so many problems that I decided that I might as well get it over and done with and install FS9. I had hoped that this would solve most of the problems and nullify my need to post longwinded things on the various fora that pertain to the NG.Unfortunately, the upgrade has only increased my consternation! I reinstalled everything afresh, into the appropriate FS9 directories, and added the navdata gubbins as well. This solved only one problem, the fuel no longer sources from the starboard tank only. Both tanks and the centre, if so filled, now empty in unison as the engines run. However, I find that the rest of my problems:1) Under LNAV the aircraft will not hold an airway: Even with the wind at 000/00 the aircraft will snake along on a shallow sine wave, the amplitude of which increasing as you approach the next waypoint (to the point that the aircraft will make several 20-25 degree banks, first towards the fix and then away, lasting between 5-10 seconds as it crosses the waypoint).2) The aircraft behaves in the same manner as described above when trying to maintain a radial to or from a VOR. In the case of approaching a VOR the oscillations become wilder as described above.3) When attempting to maintain a flight level while under VNAV or MCP ALT, the aircraft will occasionally pitch wildly without any provocation. This occurs in clean air; not cloud and clunk.4) ILS Approach: When the aircraft is "LOC established" it is always about 1/2 mile from the centreline, this continues all the way to the ground and if Autoland is engaged, the aircraft will "land" the very same 1/2 mile from the centreline that it has maintained all the way down the glide.These do not constitute the whole of the difficulties that I have so far encountered but they are the most obvious of the bunch and the most difficult to deal with.Since installing FS9 I am faced with all of the problems listed above, but beyond that, I am now experiencing the greatest of difficulty in getting the port engine to start and find that the hydraulics are prone to overheating.If anybody has any ideas, any at all, I would be terribly glad to hear from you. I have been looking at this forum and a few others over the course of the day, and have to admit that I completely flummoxed.Many thanks in advance.Alistair

Have you installed the SU1 patch? That fixed the engine starting prob.Hydraulics overheating? I haven't had that problem.Holding the appropriate track. Just this morning I noticed that the a/c was drifting right of the track line. However, I remember that the Dreamfleet 737 would also do this when the distance to the next fix was excessive. The PMDG seemed to act in exactly the same manner: as I approached the fix, the a/c's path and the planned track slowly merged.I have not experienced any of the track problems that you seem to be.Make sure you have the SU1 patch. Not sure that it'll fix all your probs...James

Hi James,Thanks for getting back to me. I tried to install the SU1 update but I am informed that "gauges.ini" (I think that is the filename) is not valid for upgrade and then the installer crashes. Following this attempting to select the NG will crash FS9.Alistair

Please go here and use the remover tool provided: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/..._737_REMOVE.EXE Then reinstall the ORIGINAL aircraft and then use this patch: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/...eration_SU1.ZIP If you have FS2002 and COF installed please NOTE: You MUST point the installer to the correct directory! It will by default (with BOTH sims installed) point to FS9 but incorrectly. THe path SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS: X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 NOT X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002Flight Simulator 9 *X* being your hardrive location. You will need to point the installer TWICE. If you get ANY cannot copy or find messages this means it DID NOT install correctly but the remover should fix that ;)[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Hi Randy,Thank you very much. I had once, already, uninstalled the NG and had reinstalled without any luck but when I tried again, following your instrunctions, everything worked out perfectly. The second time I tried it, there were no errors and I was invited to restart the system (this marks a change from the precious attempts were it simply crashed).Everything seems to be working now but you may hear from me once I try out VNAV!All I have to do now is find a few SID/STAR's and it'll be all go.Again, many thanks for your lending a hand :)Alistair

I am glad it worked for you. Look for a new VNAV patch soon. I suggest you read the thread above to see where Anthony is at. If you need some sids+stars shoot me a mail at crvm@iwon.com[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]