Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

pss 747-400

Hi guys have this little problem with the 747-400 I am flying an approach to seattle Tacoma al set up and flying down the glideslope with autopilot engaged rwy34R heading 341deg and it goes autoland at 5nm out and lands no problem the only thing is the vor1 and vor 2 are pointing to 360 off to the right of my heading when I was lineing up the vor1 deviation needle comes across and lines up but I am flying 341deg not 360 so it should line up with 341 unless I am missing something being a novice it does this at another airport Portsmouth some others I have tried its been fine vor1 and vor2 indicators line up so I hope you guys have some idea why this is doing this little thing thanks in advance I use fsnavigator thought may be this was the problem but deleted it but the same thing was still there look at attachmentwilfo

come on guys someone must have an answer

well, not really an answer but I noted sort of the same when I lined up rwy 26L at EDDM yesterday and set heading to rwy heading (as I usually do before applying full throttle for t/o): I had to set it to 27x instead of 26x, i.e. some 10 degrees off! I didn't further care about it until I read your post here. Maybe a bug?CheersPhilCome to DAD!http://www.dangerous-airports.com/images/dad_logo.jpg

Hey Wilfo,I think this may be an issue with using 2 different waypoint databases. I haven't tried it with PSSs' database yet but with just a GA airplane and KSEA 34R lines up perfectly on my OBS at radial 341.I'm assuming that you either have some add-on scenery (navaids etc.) for Seattle installed or the PSS gps database has a different magnetic heading for 34R than the one your OBS actually displays.Try checking the magnetic heading for this rwy in the PSS FMC, when you select the runway (I believe it's the Nav/Rad button on the FMC) make sure that you change the course to 341 manually, that should fix the problem.Hope this helps,Petehttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11