Sign in to follow this  
Guest imemyself

Thinking about buying...

Guest imemyself

I'm looking at purchasing the PMDG 737, and I've got a few questions about it. First, I assume it works OK in FS9? Secondly, does it, or is it planned for it to have a clickable VC? Third, I assume there's no way to get to the cabin w/o buying ActiveCamera? Thanks!Oliver

It works the same in either FS2002 or FS9 with the newest SU1 update. It has a *Limited* clickable virtual cockpit right now but will be fully workable in a future update. This is true for FS9 only, for FS2002 you can use the freeware version.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

As it appears that the DF product is announced at almost a year out and the fact that I am a firm believer in PGDM, a few more questions... please1. "It has a *Limited* clickable virtual cockpit right now but will be fully workable in a future update"which update.. the upcomming patch or a future payware mod??2. As I am of the opinion that that any interior modeled outside of the flightdeck is useless and damaging to framerates, is there a way to load this product with 2d and the flightdeck VC only?3. It has been suggested to wait to purchase until after the second patch has been relesed and evaulated (yet to be released), what are your thoughts?thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hey Mike! 1] I cannot say for sure, I know they are good about things like that but do not know the plans concerning this question. 2] Yes you have that option ! 3] That's a tough one, I love this aircraft and am bias somewhat it's true but that does not mean that I do not care about it not being 100%. If you can live with the limitations that are known for now then I would say go for it, if it's a 100% bug free and completly modelled product CBT style program then I would wait till 2010 ;) Being candid here, some things you need to know;IRS is not needed to input, it's already set for you, this will change later on and rest with #1 above ;)VNAV has some issues that HAVE been fixed, you will see the patch soon! Transitions and soft constraints etc are coming. Sids and Stars are mostly complete but all need to be checked, there is a converter in the works to convert PIC sids+stars into the correct format.Frame rates are GOOD for my system, look at my video card! BUT if you have a slow or older type CPU you might struggle a bit, I mention this for honesty sake here. 2D cockpit I get 25-30 all the time if that helps.There are a number of other items like ram door lights but these will all be tackled too!I hope this gives you a better understanding Mike. I love this aircraft, with the new VNAV I can now fly a wonderful flight, now that being said there are always a certain number for whatever reasons wont' get the same results. [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

thank you for you honest and clear reply, much appreciated. I will purchase after the next patch (hopefully soon!)thanks

Guest ilh

You're going to want AT LEAST 512MB. Personally, I think 512 is marginal for this panel.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

To elaborate a bit further on the VC clickablity... currently, the MCP autopilot controls and the EFIS controls are clickable. We are waiting for the Microsoft SDK for FS9 to allow us to hopefully animate some geometry (knobs and switches) in the future, but this might be a long while.VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

got it...sig updated to current configurationthanks