Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

New Nvidia Geforce drivers 29.80

Just been to Gainwards site and theyve got some new nvidia drivers which are also WHQL certified.Are numbered 29.80.Goto http://www.gainwardusa.com/Downloads/Downl...oad_Utility.htmSelect the ones for the geforce4 ultra power pack 750 as they are the newest updates as when you install them they work for geforce 3 also. If you goto their geforce 3 products listed at the same place you will be downloading older drivers, the 2832's so make sure you download from the geforce4 link. Once again once you install them they also work for Geforce 3.Just thought Id let you know.Dont forget that im not going to be held responsible for anything going wrong if you do install them..Install them at your own risk.Craig Kiltie

OK just tried them.One thing Ive noticed on my setup is if I goto 16 bit colour with these drivers Im not getting that funny colour effect with the aircraft dashboard which Ive had since the 27.. upwards drivers.Ive got a geforce 3 to let you all know.Im hoping that these drivers might fix that awful Geforce 4MX reflections problem people have been having.Craig Kiltie

Disregard last post...tried it again and that funny effect came back.What I have noticed with that though is that its only when you have the brakes on...its like a transparent box that doesnt get transparent properly with those drivers.Seem ok though in 32bit colour just like the other drivers.If there are any geforce 3 users or 2 users who can only have 16bit colour for maybe performance reasons I think its best to use the 23.11 drivers or below as you wont have that 16bit colour problem.Craig

I've got a (Inno3d)gf2mx and still get those effects in 16bit even using drivers 23.11 and below and unfortunately most 32 bit settings give me distorted views. But i've just upgraded to a gf3 ti-200 128meg.(gainwardgolden sample)but still waiting on other components so i'd be curious which drivers work best with this card.Thanks

Best to experiment, personally up until the last driver revision I liked the 23.12s best as they were like the 23.11s but apparently had the best speed in other applications...well games etc like Quake 3 etc.I downloaded the 29.42 drivers and liked those too. Those were my faves and still are until I try these drivers out over the next few days. The image quality is nice on these and the 29.42s so for starters when you get your drivers for your Gf3....try out the 29.42s or unless you hear bad feedback try these new ones.Also you need to consider what other games you play as some drivers have different quirks on the games that you play, some are better with certain games than others, some drivers give you glitches or strange slowdowns, all kinds of things so you need to weigh up your options and then use the driver that works best for them all.Craig

What is the best driver to play FS2k2? Please, a tip!Regardsbtw: I'm a TNT2 Ultra user.

Martoni

Well Im only going by my own experiences Martoni, Im not a driver or video guru expert. I guess the first thing you would have to do is to come to terms that your card no matter what drivers you use will not have the same visual quality as the latest cards today, but what you need to find out from somewhere or someone is what the best drivers are for your TNT card. Im just guessing here but I think you would probably have go back to at least the 12.41s I guess but probably even further back. If you have windows XP I think thats the furthest you can go back and also you have to take into account that if you go back earlier than that FS2002 might not display the graphics properly as they would have tested the game on what drivers were around at the time.Going back to when my original geforce one card came out I think the 6.18 drivers were good at the time for TNT2 ultras as everything after that was developed more for the geforce...then so on and so on.Thats all I can recommend really.Craig Kiltie

HiyaJust carrying on from last post, Other drivers you could look at going back to are the 3.68's which I think were almost the last TNT2 specific drivers then when the geforce came out the driver numbers started from 5.Hope you find something that is useful for you.Craig

Thanks again! But I think very seriusly to buy a new Video Card!I'm looking for a GForce 4, but I've see a lot of posts aboutproblems with FS2k2.

Martoni

I think the geforce 4 problems are more to do with the Mx version of the geforce 4 cards and not the TI versions. The Ti versions are fine, the MX versions have had problems with reflections etc.The Mx versions are the low end cards, A geforce 3 would be better or getting hold of a Geforce 2 Ultra or something similar instead.Craig

In my experience, the last Nvidia drivers that don't exhibit the funny purple effect when in 16 bit are the 21.83 WHQL drivers. They are available on the NVidia website in the driver archive.WinMEGForce2MX/MX400

Yup I knew it was something like that and if I remember correctly those were the new drivers that were released about the time Fs2002 came out so I guess that microsoft could have used them for compatibility etc as at the time they were a big jump in performance from the older set and were the flagship driver for Windows XP too.Just a shame that Geforce4 MX users with problems cant use those drivers as theyre not supported by it. They could install them but then would find that they couldnt select their card in the menu as it didnt exist at the time.Craig