Sign in to follow this  
Guest HJOrtmann

FMC waypoint input format

Guest HJOrtmann

Which input formats are supported by the FMC to define the *un*named waypoints ? I know about:- unnamed oceanic control area reporting points like 5040N (which are implemented as named waypoints in navdata's database)- relativ-to-waypoint adressing (like ERL130/3)I'm missing:- direct positioning (e.g. N5000.0/W04000.0 does not work)I don't know:- waypoint-waypoint-intersections (like ERL130/ALB050)- any other possibilityI'm quite sure, I read this already somewhere here in the forum, but I can't find the thread...HansJuergen

HJI've tried FIX BRG DIS type of waypoints and it's written like "FIX002/20". Also negative distances can be usedAlso FIX BRG FIX BRG intersections can be created using the syntax"FIX002/WPT240". I would guess the oceanic reporting points are in the database as they are commonly used. It's only the routes that changesHope it helps,

Guest Ian_Riddell

"I'm missing:- direct positioning (e.g. N5000.0/W04000.0 does not work)"Try it without the slash and decimal points, Hans? (This is a Smiths 737 FMC "thing". Honeywell does it differently).Cheers.Ian.

Guest HJOrtmann

Ian, yes, I tried a lot of combinations - with and without decimal points, slashs, blanks, ...perhaps it is just not implemented (yet) ?!HansJuergen

Guest amerton

It is implemented...direct entries on 13 chars, such as in :N 04 342 W 009 121 (input no spaces) -> N04342W009121342 and 121 stand for 34.2 and 12.1cheersanthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest HJOrtmann

hmmhh...N04342W009121 results in: NOT IN DATABASE !?HansJuergen

Guest HJOrtmann

arrggh... shame on me.Of course you're right :)

Guest amerton

And it can be made only on the ground? Because in flight at me jumps out inscription NOT IN DATABASE. I entered point N55 20.4 E03750.0-> N55204E3750No, but remember, 13 chars, soN55204E037500 !Anthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

AHA!!! That is useful to know. Isn't it fun trying to guess how these things work!

Guest Taras Shelest

This function is not present at the Boeing, it is at