Sign in to follow this  
crvm

VNAV L@@king Good ;)

I *THINK* you guys are gonna be very pleased with the VNAV update coming soon! I have had some of the same problems reported and have spent countless hours flying in every condition possible to make SURE that they no longer exist on **my system** ;) Here is me after another flawless flight, can you see my grin in the reflection? http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31298.jpg[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

RandyLooking good on final although a little low on go juice ;).could you post some shots on initial decent to the final app fix please.Has the Path deviation returned?Oh by the way thanks for the mcp mod it looks great.Thanks in advanceTed

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hey Randy,It's cool to be able to see what you and your big grin look like in that reflection! :-lol The newer VNAV sounds like great news. Thanks for the update. :)Jimmy Richards

Here I am a few days ago coming up on my FAF RWY 6 EHAM. As you can see the deviation scale has returned. For all you hard core types, the SCALE is only shown on the MAP and CTR MAP modes just like the real bird and will ALWAYS show if you had a VNAV DES on the FMC, and if you go into another mode for descent it will still be displayed (yes this is also correct) ;)... http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31300.jpg[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest tmetzinger

> Here I am a few days ago coming up on my FAF RWY 6 EHAM. As>you can see the deviation scale has returned. For all you hard>core types, the SCALE is only shown on the MAP and CTR MAP>modes just like the real bird and will ALWAYS show if you had>a VNAV DES on the FMC, and if you go into another mode for>descent it will still be displayed (yes this is also correct)>It would be REALLY sweet if they could include your MCP fixes with the VNAV update, wouldn't it? And since the TOGA button's a transparent overlay on the upper left screw, it should be easy to add it to your MCP.-Tim Metzinger

Guest CFG3430

Hey RandyWhen will that update be available??

What I meant was that I did not add a different TOGA than the original ;). [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Your A/T ARM button has a little green light. How'd you do that?Looks good. Can't wait.RegardsJohn Ka

Update on my MCP *MOD* I will not be sharing this mod, It is impossible for me legally to share this in any manner, I hope you all understand why, the few of you that have tested it will have to remove it to udate to the newest VNAV patch coming soon, as it will NOT work with the update. PMDG is interested in looking at doing it for themselfs and truthfully can do it BETTER than me ;). Thanks to everyone for thier support and hopefully we will see this in an official update in the future. [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Hmmmmm" PMDG is interested in looking at doing it for themselfs and truthfully can do it BETTER than me."Well now this news is just another kick in the teeth from PMDG if you ask me.as for doing it better they had their chance and they blew it bigtime.Ted

Now now Ted, Can you really fault them for wanting to fix the more important issues at present? I cannot. I have spent COUNTLESS hours messing with this mod. In the end PMDG has shown a great interest in what I have done and WILL update this when time permits, saying "they had their chance" is a bit out of place don't you think? What would you rather have them do? Just forget fixing things because you feel it should have already been done? Words mean nothing but only actions and the track record for updating is in PMDG's favor. [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

RandyMy point is that it should have been done better in the first place and the fact that you have been restricted from sharing your mod makes it even worse.I`ve seen freeware panels that have had more thought and craftmanship put into them.It`s the reason you made the mod in the first place.So in other words you are saying that we are stuck with this lousy MCP until PMDG gets around to fixing it.I don`t know Randy as we are almost two months post release and major things just are`nt right and now a minor improvement has been taken away.How much patience must one have to see things right in all respects?"Words mean nothing but only actions and the track record for updating is in PMDG's favor."I don`t know about this Randy as most of the things that have been fixed should never have left the shop at release.Well anyway thanks for sharing as it was an improvement and I liked it.Ted

Ted, I can understand your frustration, I really can. I have put much more of my time into this aircraft than if I just payed 40 bucks. Just because I am a beta tester does not mean that I don't want all those things perfected does it? Why waste my time? But I cannot look backwards and deal with things that cannot be changed, what happened in the past is just that, we must press forward. This is the point I wanted to get across to you. It disturbs me when people use certain words to describe parts of this aircraft. If you don't like a certain aspect then state this in a non offensive manner like "it would have been better if..." or "I would like to see this improved". Put downs achieve only bad feelings. Is respectfull dialog too much to ask here? Would you pay attention to someone like that Ted?I might have made some nice additions to this MCP but I could have NEVER made one on my own. I am no artist and am amazed at the level already there. Respect my opinion and I will do likewise.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

RandyWe see things from a completly different perspectives.You see things as someone who has been involved closely with the project and has their name stamped on it.Of course you will defend it as much as possible and not want to look back because you will not like what you see if you open your eyes.I on the otherhand am just a Joe aviator who has spent 40 dollars on a payware aircraft with the implied understanding that it would work right at the time of purchase.This in my opinion has not occured and I have no choice but to analyze the processes that have led to this point.I am not happy with what I have seen and honestly if refunds were an option I would request one and be done with it.It amazes me to hear you talk about respect and to go to PMDG and request improvments to the Aircraft that in my opinion should never have been an issue eg:MCP.Let me ask you a question.When you turn on the panel lights at nite and look at the mcp what words would you use to describe it?I use the word lousy because it fits not because I intend disrespect.If PMDG wanted respect they should have thought twice before releasing this aircraft even in it`s current patched state.Now I`ve said my piece and do not intend to go round and round with people about this as it will change no minds.Ted