Sign in to follow this  
crvm

VNAV L@@king Good ;)

Um, is it just me or are you managing to get the ILS LOC/GS with both of your VOR receiver switches set to off? :)

Guest ilh

VOR doesn't equal ILS. Those VOR switches control whether VOR needles are drawn on the ND. They don't have anything to do with ILS.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest Thomas K

Let alone the MCP, if only PMDG can improve the whole panel graphic. I won't go on an endless rant about this but only that I had expected better for a 40 dollar add-on. I hope PMDG will prove me wrong by patching not only the obvious bugs but also the appearance of all the 2D panels.

>So in other words you are saying that we are stuck with this lousy >MCP until PMDG gets around to fixing it.It's "lousy" because there's a few cosmetic improvements to be made? I think the MCP *functions* very well, which is more important to me than having faux-3D FD switches and green lights. (not that I don't like what you did Randy - it does look very cool!) I really think people just have a problem with the panel not being a "photoreal" one ala Dreamfleet or PIC. PMDG just has a different way of making their artwork (using 3DSMAX etc), which I don't think is "better" or "worse" than the other methods, just different.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Daniel Pimentel

That 2D panel complaint is a personal opinion, so don't pas it off as a bug... They did it that way, and PSS does it that way too. I don't see anyone dissing PSS. I hope you're not the Thomas K. I think you are, cuz if so, you should know better.DP

[but also the appearance of all the 2D panels.]Hi, next time you buy an addon for FS, then you can look at the developers website, normally they have screenshots of their work, that way you have a better chance of not getting disapointed.Best RegardsThomas Brix

Guest Thomas K

DP,Where did I say that it was a bug? It's something that I am dissatisfied with the PMDG product and I have a right to be dissatisfied as a paying customer. For your information, the quality of the 2D panels has been a frequent complaint about the PMDG 737 so my opinion is not of the minority. I guess I should have explained my complaints in greater detail in reply #14 in order to not seem like I'm flame baiting, but I know I'll only be wasting my time. PMDG obviously has more important things to fix with the panel than listen to me lecture about panel visuals.Regarding PSS, they have been "dissed" time and again but because they have obviously no intention of improving their panels, people don't find a reason to talk about it anymore. Furthermore, the PSS forum is MODERATED, thus filtering out negative material. I posted a message at their forum with constructive criticism recently, only to have it censored. The only stuff PSS likes to see are "Thanks PSS, you are the best" comments. Let me forewarn you that PSS are giving you the traditional jumpseat perspective once again in their upcoming A330/340 product with the same perspective as their first add-on panel, the 777, 4 years ago. Nothing has changed within those 4 years.DP, I do not need anyone to discount my opinion. (Not wanting to blow my horn, but as you wish to drag my credentials into this) as a aircraft/scenery designer, advisor and beta tester behind the scenes of various freeware and payware groups, I DO know what I am talking about, thank you very much. I don't post a lot on these forums- I only post when I feel it is absolutely necessary and in this case, I feel it is necessary. The PMDG 737 has a lot of potential. It is certainly one of the better payware airliners to be released in recent days and it has the potential to be the next 767PIC. As such, I will voice out my opinion to the PMDG team that some aspects of the product needs to be improved, with the the panel visuals being one of them.

What are you suggesting they do? Abandon their method (which I think does look different than PSS's), go out and photograph an NG for a whole day from every concievable angle (not to mention the logistics of doing so) and then completely scrap and redesign the panel? What makes you sure you're in the majority on this issue? I've been on this forum since hour one of the NG's release and I haven't seen a massive amount of complaining about panel graphics, especially when there's real issues like VNAV still running amok. In fact I'd venture to guess that the majority of people who've purchased the NG are not even posting on this forum. The panel looks fine to me - I'm not about to forget that I'm "flying" a $40 simulation on a PC and not sitting in a Level D sim...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Nice post Ryan, well said.Interesting that when someone is dissatisfied they feel that they are always in the majority and they have to share their opinion with as many of us as possible.Wonder why that is?GeorgePS: Actually IMHO PSS's and PMDG's 2D graphics are better than PIC. And yes I own all three. One more thing, I plan to continue evaluating and purchasing future products from all three vendors. Is that blasphemy to mention is this forum? :-lol

I would like to see a better 2D Panel someday if possible. You have ever right to express yourself, go on brother. regardsNoboru

Thomas- While this forum does not pre view posts it does require you to read the forum rules which state that you must sign your posts, you Avsim name whether your real name or not will not do. Welcome and take a minute here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2402&page= There is no problem voicing your honest opinion about any aspect of this aircraft, all that is asked if you do it with respect, not saying that you did not do that, just a freindly reminder to all to keep things civil and friendly in this thread ;)[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Forums are all about opinions, as well as asking questions.My opinion when I first saw the PMDG panel in a screenshot was, awe jeez, another rendered panel ala PSS. I prefer photo real and DF do it better than anyone.But after using the panel a wee bit I saw past it and realized the bugs need fixing else I will not be using it much.Is it only me, or has anyone else noticed that add-ons are creeping up in price.