Sign in to follow this  

FPS! What do I do

I like flying, and 737 NG is special. I have read nearly everything in this forum about framerates, but the more I read the more confused I become. I am no computerexpert, but have the impression that some of you out there are. Can anyone help with the following questions:Can I do anything to speed up framerates a little, I have 3-8 fps in 737 NG virtuel cockpit in fs9, everything else runs fine?If I decide to buy a new pc, what shall I be aware of? speed, ram or grafficcard or what?? I just don't want to spend about 12000 dkr. ( 1500 dollars) if it doesn't help. My specs are:Win. xp pro.P4 1.6 GHz 512GF-4 Ti 4400/128, latest driversI have tied all settings in fs9 I can imagine, with very little effectRegards Ole

Guest ChristophIllmer

Actually, you should be able to get better frames with this specs. But I would not suggest to buy a new PC but to upgrade the CPU and maybe your RAM. Therefore we need to know what type of mainboard you are using.

Guest JamieG

yea i would do three things to check first1. Make sure you have ran disk-defrag, scandisk, and an antivirus check. (I run defrag while i sleep as it takes a while) 2. Check to see what programs load when you start up, if you have a million prgrams running in the background--try to stop them, the easiest way to fix this is to goto run--msconfig, and click on the startup tab, you will see different check boxes, read the name of each one, if you know it is a program that you DOTN need to have when you start-up uncheck the box, if you arent sure--dont mess with it, its better to not mess anything up!3. Close all other windows when running FS, also return to your desktop for a brief second from time to time, ive found that can help frames sometimes!best of luck