Sign in to follow this  

unable to tune radio decimals

Hi!well, I'm kind of frustrated with the PMDG 737 now. After flying the DF737 for a long time, I thought the PMDG is of similar quality. Meanwhile it seems it has more bugs than features. I have really a lot of problems, most of them are already mentioned in this forum by other pilots. But there are still a few I can't "avoid".I can not change the freq. of my radios right of the decimal point. It's possible to switch from 118.00 to 119.00, but I can't change from 118.00 to 118.10. Well, to be more exact - the freq. DOES change, but it's not shown on the radio panel. It always stays on .00This problem was mentioned in http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=13761&page=12but there's no solution. What can I do? It's almost unusable this way. I'm using FS2004, didn't try it yet in FS2002.I really hope the PMDG team DOES care about us. I've paid 40 bucks for a beta-state (to be polite....) AddOn. I really hope things will improve over time.......Chris.PS: Still waiting for somebody to send me the sidstars-file to ckreiner@gmx.net :-(

Guest Ray CYYZ

You sure about the radio? Works perfectly for me in FS9.Try moving your mouse around the .00 part, slightly above and slightly below to get the -/+ for the .00 part. The same holds true for the 000. :D When in doubt, let the mouse wander around looking for icon changes. Ray

>You sure about the radio? Works perfectly for me in FS9.>>Try moving your mouse around the .00 part, slightly above and>slightly below to get the -/+ for the .00 part. The same holds>true for the 000. :D no no, the freq. DOES change, but the .00 Display does NOT! So the clickspot is right. To change from 118.00 to 118.50 I have to clickthe mouse-button the right number of times, but the display sticks on .00Chris.

You probably are not moving your mouse pointer far enough to the right. The hot spots are above for plus and below for minus. Also, for .00 to change pointer should be over the .00.For example, to change the com1 frequency move the pointer above and over the main number to change it, then move the mouse pointer above the .00 part of the window to change the decimal value. This would result in increasing each of these values.

Hi!okay, let me explain again:I CAN change the freq., but it's not displayed on the radio panel. Look at the screenshot and note that the radio panel shows 110,00 while VOR1 is set to 110,50. Same for VOR2, radio panel says 116,00 but it's set to 116,80.Lets say I want to set VOR1 to 111,75. I swap the two freq. on the radio panel, click 5 times on the decimal-clickspots of VOR1 and swap it back to active. Now VOR1 would show 110,75 while the display on the radio-panel still stays on 110,00!I'm going mad! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31397.jpg

Chris-The problem you are experiencing is a result of the way MSFS handles commas and periods as decimal delimiters.We have brought this to the attention of MSFS- but they have not offered/helped us to find a graceful solution. (We are using the MSFS nav/com radio capability that is native to the sim...)If you live in a country where you have your regional settings set to use a comma as a decimal delimiter- you will have this problem. I have recommended as a temporary fix that folks set their delimiter to a period. This does fix the problem within MSFS- even if it is not a graceful solution.I'm relatively confident that there is a way to fix this within our airplane- but unfortunately without any input from MSFS we are feeling our way through it blind- and until I happen to stumble into a solution by accident- it will remain this way...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com