Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Install on 2nd PC

Sorry if this has been covered already but I have looked at the FAQ post but cannot see an answer there.I am considering purchasing the 737NG but will be downloading on one PC but installing it into FS9 on a 2nd PC. This is easy with PSS products but the way the 737NG is registered I foresee problems.Can anyone confirm the above is possible, either by a reply or a link to the relevant msg?Many thanks.Dave Wild

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Vulcan,Keep in mind that I'm just another customer. But if you are simply downloading it on one PC, then going to install it on a different PC than the one you downloaded it on, there shouldn't be any problem. If you try to get a registration code for 2 different PC's(install on both PC's), that would be a problem I believe.I hope that helped answer your question.Take Care,Jimmy Richards

Guest ilh

You are NOT allowed to do that. The license is for a single computer, and the license key they send you is tied to a single computer.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest OneTinSoldier

If you read his post carefully, I believe he is just talking about downloading it on a different computer than the one he is going to be installing it on.(i.e. download it at work and take it home to install on the home computer ONLY) That I'm almost sure is not a problem. The computer the registration is tied to is not created until the installation process is done. In other words, the registration is not tied to the computer you download it on, just the computer you install it on.Cheers,Jim Richards

Sorry Lee, you got my intentions wrong ;-)Jim, you got it right :-), many thanks but I will wait for an official PMDG resopnse just to be sure.In fact the whole purchase *may* be delayed having just heard from a friend who says he is having poor frame rates which affect flying in FS9 and his system is slightly higher spec than mine.He is also a long time and respected simmer, not a young kid who wants all sliders to max, before anyone thinks that is the case ;-).

Guest ilh

Oops. So much for my careful reading. Yeah, I think that should be possible.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest JamieG

this is easy, they have said it can be done! you probably need like a CD-RW drive tho. (I assume you have a high-spped or pretty fast modem on one comp, and fs on the other), download all of the instillation files, into one folder, and put them on a CD, do not run the install. (There are four files, you can download three of them without any purchasing from the pmdg website, the main one you need to get via a link form the e-mail. )Put them on a cd and move it to your other computer, and run the install, that shoudl work fine! DO NOT RUN THE INSTALL on the originoal computer though, just dowload and move!

Jim,You can certainly download it on one computer and install it on another. Just follow the registration instructions once you get it installed and your all set. Contact registration@precisionmanuals.com if you have any questions and I'll get you answer right away :-)RegardsPaul Gollnick :-coolTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Group[www.precisionmanuals.com]

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hi Lee,I have a slightly different question:I have dual boot WinXP instances, and am currently running FS9 on both (obviously only one at a time :) ). I'm using the new instance to do some tetsing on FS9 performance. I understand that my license will not work on the other instance of XP, but is this also considered a "different" PC? Everything else other than XP and the C: partition (I'm using Multi-Boot) is the same (i.e. all hardware).Thanks,Bruce.

Guest ilh

I don't know if this is considered a "different" PC to PMDG's installer. I would say try it. If it considers it to be different, the second instance would likely give you some kind of license error message.Only PMDG could say for sure, but they don't seem to be responding to this thread.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Vulcan,<<...having just heard from a friend who says he is having poor frame rates which affect flying in FS9 and his system is slightly higher spec than mine.>>You may be referring to me so I'll come in with some numbers. The default 737 in 2D cockpit mode at Meigs returns 22fps on my Athlon 2000XP, 1Gb RAM, Ti4600 (1280*960*32) in Windowed mode.Loading the PMDG737-700 this drops to 12fps so the hit is quite significant. I do have most of the FS2004 sliders to maximum but that is irrelevant as the only change to the above numbers is the change of aircraft.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Lee.I'm sure, since there appears to be registry settings involved, that this would not work.Bruce.

Lee,"Only PMDG could say for sure, but they don't seem to be responding to this thread."What am I, Chopped Liver :-lolI posted earlier but just to be clear, Any questions you have regarding the license utility should be addressed to me at registration@precisionmanuals.com or support@precisionmanuals.com and we will be happy to help.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-coolTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comedited for bad speelllling

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hi Paul,>Jim,You can certainly download it on one computer and install it on another