Sign in to follow this  
Guest troyboy66

Error After installation

Guest troyboy66

I noticed that after installing PMDG 737 I get an error 'Runtime error 5 at 00408286.' The error will pop up in multiple boxes after I restart my PC. When I uninstall the PMDG software, the error goes away. So far I haven't seen any issues with my OS or any other programs and I'm convinced this is directly related to the PMDG software. Does anyone knows what this mean adn what it might be affecting in the software? ThanksI also have the service update installed for PMDG 737Also, can someone send me the SIDs/Stars for the PMDG 737 please?e-mail: troykemp@qwest.netSpecs:WinXP Pro SP1Asus A7N8X v.2.0 AMD 2800 Barton @333mhzATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB Catalyst 3.4 drivers80 GB Western Digital HDD @ 7200rmp1GB Corsair DDR 2700 @ 333mhzSound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1FS2004Thanks a bunch...Troy

Guest Ray CYYZ

Just guessing, but "error 5" rings a bell as "file is write protected". Check that (a) you have free drive space and (:( you haven't protected files with the r/o attribute.Ray

Guest troyboy66

Ray thanks for your input, but I'm not sure where to start on this. I checked the options in the advanced tab in Internet Options for anything and could not find anything unusual. Besides I don't beleive that I changed anything myself to Read-Only, especially on protected files.Can you be a little more specific on where I might be looking at exactly...Thanks...Oh by the way, SIDS/STARS...Anyone Please?Troy

Guest Ray CYYZ

You need to post a lot more in the way of details before I can aim you in the right direction.Does this error come when the system boots, where FS is launched, etc?What OS are you running, which version of FS, where did you install it to, etc?RayPS: Start here with a free virus scanhttp://security.symantec.com/