Sign in to follow this  

unable to tune radio decimals - problem solved!

okay, got it:one has to set the "decimal"-sign in Windows to ".", in my Windows it was set to ",".Another S T U P I D one in the PMDG737. I really can't believe it. Hey PMDG, not the hole planet is using a dot for decimals, please fix this as soon as possible.Meanwhile I'm really really frustrated. I regret spending the money for this *absolutely*not*ready* piece of software. It's certainly the worst payware AddOn for FS I've ever bought (and I bought many of them in the last few years). I've done a short flight (about an hour) this afternoon and so many things went wrong. No need to talk about details, 'coz all of them are already mentioned in this forum. Maybe the PMDG 737 will be fun some day - in an year and after half a dozen of bug fixes or so :-(Does anybody know if it's possible to get the money back? I find it hard to accept spending 40$ for a pre-beta AddOn.Don't get me wrong - I really don't want to do "PMDG bashing" here. It's great that people are creating AddOns for the FS and good work deserves good money. But having a degree in computer science myself, I know that there is a certain level of quality control which must be maintained. Selling a product as "ready and working" but having lots of bugs is unfair - to use a polite word. It's impossible that all those bugs weren't seen in beta-phase of development.Chris.

Guest Ray CYYZ

Perhaps if you are used your formidable education skills to read the order page which you saw before clicking purchase, we wouldn't have to listen to you now whine because you can't seem to make your computer work while the rest of us are up flying without problems.For liability reasons PMDG does not authorize refunds for electronically delivered products.Is the economy so bad that people with CS degrees can't afford $40? I just spent that much on cigarettes.RayPS: Rumor has it that calling the person who has your $40 stupid tends to reduce the odds on getting it back.

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm sure they will jump right on your suggestions. Side note: It's *WHOLE* not *HOLE* unless spelling was not a part of your degree ;)[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest ba747heavy

Here we go, I will keep my sarcastic reply to myself, only to say that perhaps if you phrase your request(s) nicer, PMDG would listen to you.

Guest JamieG

pmdg already said they were aware of this and tried contacting microsoft, but microsoft hasnt gotten back to them yet, they are trying to figure out how to do it, just be patient, all of the behind the scenes stuff that pmdg does is amazing, turst me when all of the little wrinkes are out ur gonna love it!

> Side note: > It's *WHOLE* not *HOLE* unless spelling was not a part of>your degree ;)Thank you, I am aware of the meaning of these words. Basically it was just a typo, but English is a foreign language to me. I'm trying to do my best, but I'm far from being perfect in it.However, I would never laugh about a foreigner trying to communicate in my mother language. It's a question of decent education. Chris.

Guest amerton

>Don't get me wrong - I really don't want to do "PMDG bashing" here.Well... you did...Now, how can I help you ?anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Art Vandalay

I know it

Guest amerton

I am as cool as it gets :-) You are missing the point of my post.It is : how can I help ?anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest JamieG

hey chris--i think you might have just phrased the words a little strong, please dont worry at all bout the english, It looked lieka native language to me, so it does appear that you speak it quite well! It is one of the hardest languages to learn becuase of all the intricasies and variations! Best of luck to you, be assured pmDG cares about everyone, and im sure if you phrase it a little less severe they would be happy to help (as demonstrated by Anthonys second post ;-)) best of luck to ya on the decimal thing!

Hi Art,I also have PSS airbus, PS1 etc but I would say that the 737NGis definately IFR flyable at the moment -not yet perfect but veryflyable.I have done many full IFR flights with much success and Ibelieve so have many others.Regards,David Pedder

Guest boblj56

I have 25 hours on the PMDG 737-700. That is the only plane I use. All those hours are online on Vatsim. I am really enjoying this plane.

Guest BigBird

How do you change the decimal in Win XP ?Many thanks !