Sign in to follow this  

Installation Question

I have just purchased the 737 and have the four files from download. I run the main set up and I get a message to insert disk #2. I have the files on a flash disk (or removable hard drive). I read the read me notes that advise to place the 3 files together in one directory. Can anyone help me get the other 3 files placed or tell me what to do next. Can't wait to try it!!!Mark TIndiana

Markmake sure that all 4 files are placed in the same folder. If you have to, create a new folder to put them all in then run the installerRegardsPaul GollnickTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Group[www.precisionmanuals.com]

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Ray CYYZ

Create a directory and put all 4 files in it. Then unzip the first file (the one you got special via the email link).This is a ZIP archive split into 4 files, three you can download but 1 comes from your order information. (.W02, .W03, .W04 are the 3 other pieces of the .ZIP you got via email)This recombines the 4 separate files into one executable, which is then used to do the actual installation.Remember, do the registration part prior to installing the Service Update 1, then install the SU1.If you mess up and things do not work quite right, use the PMDG_737_REMOVE.EXE available from the web site to repeat until you get it right.Do not forget the other files that come from various other sources, such as the GDI and navdata so you will be up perfectly the first time around unlike us silly folks who do not read the directions :-lol Happy Contrails!Ray

I have all 4 file in a folder called c:737. I have the main installer and then the three files labeled W02,W03,W04 type files. When I run the installer it still asks me to insert disk #2. What format should the 3 other files I downloaded be as? I have right clicked on them and have all of the check boxes at the bottom unchecked. Sorry to be a pest!!!Mark T

Thanks, I finally got it. When I download the three seperate files I discovered I added a 1,2,3 after each file name so I could remember which ones were what if needed. Now on the the next one getting up and flying...Thanks again guysMark T