Sign in to follow this  
Guest SebastianRys

PMDG 737 FRAME RATE QUESTION???

Guest SebastianRys

I am interested in purchasing the 737, but I would like to know what kinds of frame rates are users getting in the VIRTUAL COCKPIT in fs2004 with weather and 100% AI Traffic (ULTIMATE TRAFFIC POSSIBLY)and settings MAXED, I dont want to be moving my sliders to the left just to get good frame rates to fly this plane beacsue thats not what I bought fs2004 for, and what your Computer specs are. I just hope its not like WILCOS A320 PIC where the frame rates were horrible, and also will my yoke and pedals and elite throttle quadrant work with this plane because WILCOS A320 PIC was a pain in the #### nothing worked because of the fly by wire.THANK YOU FOR THE TIME AND INFO

You're not going to be able to run FS2004 (even the default planes) with all settings maxed and Ultimate Traffic. Computers are simply not powerful enough for that yet. I'd guess in maybe another 6 months to a year, CPU's may be fast enough for it. You're expecting far too much though if you think you're going to be able to run a complex panel like the NG, plus tons of AI traffic and all sliders maxed. It's just not possible - I was running FS2004 last week on an Athlon 3200/1GB/Radeon 9700 and I couldn't max every single slider without the framerate getting too low - this isn't even with the NG, it's with the default Lear and 737. I did run the NG very well on the system with the AI traffic reduced and the weather and autogen pulled back a few notches though. I had it locked at 20FPS and it seemed to be getting that in the VC as well.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Please sign your name (real one) on your posts please and thank you. For all that I hope you have a super computer cause I have trouble in FS9 with clouds in the 2d panel (fine without detailed clouds) although my system specs are not great. If you desire this aircraft MAINLY for the virtual cockpit and want great frame rates with what you have stated in your post (SLiders to MAX)I would say forget it. This aircraft has a limited VC right now and might stay that way for a while. Now the 2D is where I stay and really enjoy it. Frame rates FOR ME are 25-30 in 2D panel.... Hope this helps you....[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest SebastianRys

THANKS FOR THE HONEST REPLYS, RIGHT NOW MY COMPUTER IS NOT FAST BUT AS SOON AS INTEL PRESCOTT 3.4GHZ COMES OUT NOV 17 I WILL GET THAT WITH THE NEW RADEON 9900 AND 2BG OF RAM, AND HOPEFULLY THIS COMPUTER WILL HAVE A CHANCE

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Here's a little info from me, and opinion, from me. Not sure just how helpful it'll be though. I got my computer in January and it was the latest and greatest at that time. I'm a freak for the visuals and don't want my sliders turned down either. I run with my sliders MAXED! :-sae A given about a new version of MSFS is that current hardware will not run it with settings maxed out. I knew this so realistically I wasn't expecting to be able to run it with settings maxed out and get good framerates. But, the only time I get bad framrates is when I'm in/near or looking at a large urban areas. I just started out at the default airport in Seattle with the Virtual Cockpit & Cabin model(the heaviest hitter), MyTraffic at 100%, static weather with clouds at 3/8 set at 12,000' to 16,000' feet. When I started out on the runway, FPS was at 8. It doesn't make much difference whether I'm in the VC or 2D panel. I think maybe I get a little better FPS in in the VC, but really not much difference. Spot plane view seemed to give just a little bit higher FPS. As I flew towards downtown and looked at it my FPS would vary some here and there. It was at 7.5 - 8 with it dropping down a little when it varied, then coming back to 8. I live with it and get all the details. :( And it's great if I want to take screenshots. After I passed downtown my FPS rose a little, like to 9 - 10. As I get towards the outskirts of town my FPS starts to go up. Once outside of town my FPS goes up to my locked setting of 22 and pretty much stays there. It varies a little with it being at or near the locked value of 22 most of the time. This includes when being over and looking at mountains(3D landscape). If I'm over flatland, my FPS stays near my locked(but not solid) value at 22. As I pass through clouds(using Chris Willis clouds(FSW) beta v2) my FPS drops a little. It will vary some but is around 15-17 sometimes bouncing up to my locked value of 22 or close to it. I landed at a fairly small town a few hundred miles away during which time my FPS stayed at my locked value of 22. It is of my opinion that your future Prescott system will be able to run FS2004 with Real-Time weather, the PMDG 737TNG, and 100% Ultimate Traffic just fine with acceptable or more than acceptable framerates... with settings MAXED! :-wink2 If your experience is like mine, you might find the FPS to be somewhat lower in large urban areas, but I'll bet that you get well better than my 8 - 10(sometimes a little lower).Just my 2 cents, :-waveJimmy Richards"Variable, this is EasyRhino. Do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Oh. I forgot to include some things that might be considered important for people interested and looking at this.Resolution 1600x1200Anti-Aliasing 4x (set in display properties and unchecked in MSFS)Anisotropic Filtering 16x (set on 'Performance' not quality)Jimmy Richards