Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

21AUG03 SERVICE UPDATE NOTAM

Guest Toni Rauch

'HATS OFF' to Anthony. 'Hope it all works OK.Toni.

Hi,that realy looks good and promising! I like that you are realy working at all issues. Ad you are giving us real good progress reports - not like SSW, they almost dont tell anything. And you have no compatibility problem with your security programming with other PayWare ADDONs, but SSW has a major issue with that.Thank you big time!

Will this SU fix anything else, or is it just for the VNAV problems?RegardsLee

Guest ilh

That sounds like quite a list!One small nit: what is the logic behind annunciating and switching to CWS mode if it is not yet implemented? Why don't you instead model an aircraft that does not have CWS installed until that time that CWS is actually implemented? I guess I do not see the point of annunciating an unimplemented mode.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest troyboy66

Great Job guys. Looking forward to the updates..Troy

Guest OneTinSoldier

Thanks for the continued work to fix bugs and make the 737NG the best it can be. At the very least it's nice to have a forum where people can give feedback and hear back directly from you guys. No such deal, nor forthcoming patches, that I know of for MSFS itself. ;)Jimmy Richards

Guest Art Vandalay

I really appreciate the current developements and I

Guest ba747heavy

>I really appreciate the current developements and I

Guest Daniel Pimentel

>>I really appreciate the current developements and I

Hi,I bet it's good to see we can say thank you when things are going well. Even though it's all in faith that it does what you say, I'm happy you do what you do, to make all of it possible. Keep it coming guys. The system sure works. We complain you fix it!!!!Have a good dayJohn Ka

Guest Henri W

Hats off to Anthony.Thanks a lot for making this outstanding product even better.Best regards.Henri

Captains-During the past two weeks Anthony Merton has been working with a privately selected group of users to help him identify, duplicate and conduct resolution testing for problems in the behavior of the VNAV model within the 737.Anthony tonight has sent to me a version of the model that corrects most all of the problems currently experienced by users while in VNAV modes.This update is undergoing some additional testing to ensure that it does not introduce any other behavioral artifacts that might be un-desired.Once we have completed this additional testing- I am going to release a SERVICE UPDATE from our downloads page.This new Service Update will allow users to install this new VNAV model if they desire.It is my expectation that this testing will be completed sometime Thursday or Friday with general release of the update coming before the weekend.DISCLAIMER: If I find any problems- we'll not release it....but it looks pretty good thus far!Here is an overview of what Anthony has addressed in this VNAV update:- VNAV / predictions bug fixed- Wpt predictions displayed on modified flight plan on LEGS page- deviation indicator on ND fixed (display all the time during descent in PLAN/MAP modes)- VNAV SPD descents correctly modelled- decel at 10000/240 should now start only just before 10000, no longer based on planned distances.- FMC will accept RTE initialization after landing without CMD off/recycling FDs- CWS announced correctly when called for according to manual. (NOTE: CWS mode not yet operative)- TOC/TOD ETA displayed on CLB CRZ pages- VNAV holds will hold commanded speed- Fuel predictions no longer show weird numbers before PERF INIT is active- Cannot hold at PPOS when LNAV not engaged- Return leg : TOC TOD will display on ND- Return leg : climb and descent restriction, takeoff speeds etc. arere-initialized- while in descent on idle segment, should not overspeed disconnect if target speed lowered- while in descent at or under airport speed limit alt, should not overspeed disconnect if airport speed limit lowered- while in descent, should not overspeed disconnect if speed constraint just added or lowered- while in descent, should not overspeed disconnect if currentlydecelerating at wpt and wpt sequence- hold at airport speed limit alt should hold at hold speed if lower than airport speed limit...As you can see, Anthony has been hard at work- and he has been very responsive to feedback in the forum and to support@precisionmanuals.com I hope all of you will be as pleased as I am that VNAV addicted pilots will now have the kind of operating stability that we desire!More information later today....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest jeffg

Is on of the fixes for vnav when going into a cat 3 landing and at 3000 feet and app captures and both ap's are on but the ac does not desend or speed reduce?That happened again last night going into Cleveland. JeffG

VANV has nothing to do with that. There is no problem with autoland whatsoever that I have come across. Can you read my Autoland post here and double check that you are doing everything correctly? Autoland does not control speed, you control speed by either;a] Manually (prefered method in the real world)b] MCP http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=12455&page=[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]