Sign in to follow this  

Whoa! What happened?

Hey all....I've read on the forum for probably an hour now but I cannot find anyone who was posted about the problem I am currently having. when I have the AIRAC cycle loaded into C:Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWP and I hit the "Fly Now!" button with this livery selected I get dumped back to my desktop...and quickly too I might add!!When I take the FMCWP folder out of FS9 the problem is gone. Anyone know what might be causing this particular livery I've got to be acting up?Thanks muchChuck_N

Update....this happens no matter what livery I use...with FMCWP in my FS9 folder anytime I click on one of the PMDG 737's to fly...I get booted to the desktop.Plz help!!Chuck

Hello Chuck, First, double check the correct path here: X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWPnavdata Then, within the navdata folder it should look like this : http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/32103.jpg I was thinking that it was not extracted correctly, hope this helps =)[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Thanks for the reply....just double checked and my path is identical to the one shown above. However, I do not yet have any flightplans in this folder...wondering if that might cause a hiccup??At this point I have no clue and am willing to try anything.I will say this...if I start with a non-PMDG aircraft and load the sim and then switch to the 737ng while at the airport everything is fine...the fmc even detects the AIRAC I installed.Something is setting it off when i first try to load the PMDG aircraft from the main menu.I'll keep looking...thx againChuck N

Guest bigun

ChuckYou will find that many complex add-ons do not react correctly to loading from the start screen in FS. A "rule of thumb" that I have used for a long time, and one which is recommended by the majority of the most knowledgable designers/programmers out there is: always start flight sim with the default flight, then choose the plane you want to fly from the drop down menu. I will save you a lot of frustration.George Stoddard

Well, what gets me is I've been playing Flight Sim for years with a variety of different add-ons and I have never had to do as you suggest and start with the default flight and then change planes once sim is loaded.Will it work for this PMDG that I've got problems with, absolutely. But,I feel a little discouraged that I've got to bend over backwards to get this thing to work. I recall a time a couple years back when I loaded the DF734 and the installation was smooth as glass and the plane was even smoother.This 737NG certainly has potential...and if I need to start with the default flight then I will...all I'm saying is there has got to be another way.Thanks for your timeChuck N

Anyone using FSUIPC without registration? I'm grasping at straws here and I suppose that's one possibility why I'm having such trouble with the FMCWP folder causing desktop crash.thxChuck N

Chuck-In order to help you I'll need to know a few things:1) What version of the 737 are you using. Did you update to SU1?2) Did you cut/paste your navdata into your FS9 setup? Or did you install it using Richard Steffan's installer?3) If you delete the navdata- the 737 loads without a problem? Yes/No?4) Are you registry settings for FS9 correct? If the EXE Path location for FS9 in your registry is incorrect- you will get similar behavior to what you have described.... You should be able to load this airplane from any location and any screen without a problem. Based on your post I am seeing a problem either with the NAVDATA or the manner in which you have the livery installed....Side note: Your recollection of the DF737 installation is quite different from mine.... Bought it when it was new- couldn't get the FMC to communicate within MSFS, could not activate LNVAV.... Couldn't get anyone in support to answer my email.... So I don't look back with misty eyes upon that little adventure... ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert...thanks for replying...I saw in a different thread someone was having similar problems but it wasn't elaborated...so let me do that here in an answer to your questions.I am currently using the base package. This anomaly is occuring with and without the SU1 patch.As for the navdata I did use Mr. Steffan's installer and the data resides in F:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWPNAVDATAAnd yes, the interesting thing is if I remove the Navdata folder or even just one of the files this anomaly is gone. So, for example, if I take fmc_ident.txt out of the NAVDATA folder FS9 will load properly. When I place it back in the folder, boom...the crash to desktop returns when I select the PMDG aircraft.The EXE path for FS9 appears to be pointing in the right direction so I'm not sure if that's the issue. Just to note...the livery is no longer a factor. I'm currently running the 737ng on the base package without the patch and without any liveries except for the default.I can certainly apply the patch if you think that might help but it doesn't seem to have an effect on the problem I'm experiencing. Hope that gives you a little more to work with. I also am thinking it's something to do with the NAVDATA. At any rate, thanks for your time and any input would be greatly appreciated.RegardsChuck Nevin

Guest Hagar

Chuck,Which version of Airac are you using? Are you shure you installed the Airac0308 for 767PIC? I don`t see the version mentioned here...

Yep, 0308...just downloaded it yesterday.Apparently, my event log is throwing up a bogus error message:The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.PMDG has suggested that it could be a virus or something wrong with the registry...I should've taken the blue pill because now I have to see just how far down this rabbit hole goes!! LOLChuck Nevin

Hey Chuck,Just popped up a wild shot in my mind. Are you logged in with administrator rights when installing your stuff? I presume you are running XP and those NT-derivatives are pretty sensitive about your rights. ;-) I know installations can refuse to write registry entries without saying so, if you don't have sufficient privilege to do so.Hope it helps,

Ok, let me thicken the pot a bit....I went with some advice about setting up a new user/administrator account because in addition I'm having Win Explorer crashing every so often...they say my user profile may be corrupt.So, I did that and this is where it gets weird. I tried to uninstall FS9 and I got a msg saying something to the effect that FS9 already is uninstalled and would you like to remove the name from the list? So, I said yes.....Bingo! So, now XP has corrupt registry info for FS9 yet I can still load FS9 with no problem...until I use 3rd party software of course. So, something has definitely gone haywire with my registry/OS. I'm a heartbeat away from reloading my system. Will update when I find out more!Thanks for everyone's help...Chuck Nevin