Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

Terrible Wind Problems :)

Guest A321

Today flying from KSEA to AnchorageUsing Weather Centre 2 in FS2004, There was bad winds, But the plane could not handle it and it bobed up and down so bad that in the end it just droped out of the sky, and I could no longer be botherd to keep control of it, manaul or auto flight, it made no difference.My question is is this a bug, or is have i done something wong?Jason

Guest Murf

You are not alone Jason. These same horrible wind shifts and temperature shifts have been reported by people using FSMETEO 6 and ActiveSky. Seems to be a problem between the global weather supplied by these programs and the FS2004 model of blending this to make local weather.For now I am back to using the built in real word weather in FS2004 until this gets straightened out.

Guest Sunnyzsz

Hey guys,I was just reading your message post and wondered why you use third party weather programmes? I used ActiveSky in FS2002, but this was only because of the lack of continual weather updates available.Is there any advantage of using third party weather programmes in FS9?Warm RegardsKimberly.

Guest A321

Just Keeps happening, The Autopilot cant handle it, If I hand Fly it, its ok. Now I Know might be the same in real life So ill see.Jason

Guest A321

OK this really needs looking Now, For those who have ActiveSky or weather centre 2, Try a flight from KSEA to Alaska, You will have seveer problems.1) ALT hold wont work, the plane holds alt then Climbs and stalls,2) Plane is fine hand flying, but Trim is aggersive and you cant Trim for stright and level.3) Auto Pilot send the plane bouncing like a super ball, but not when disengaged.Please help!!!Jason

Hi Kimberly,while the weather engine has been improved in FS2004, the weather server is still the same as for FS2000/FS2002. Although FS now has the capability of updating the weather every 15 minutes, this isn't of much use, if the weather data it gets is outdated. It may be OK in the US, but in the rest of the world the weather is outdated most of the time. Try it by getting the actual weather for any airport you wish (www.vatsim.net provides accurate weather data), and compare it to what FS 'real' weather gives you. Then there are problems with violent wind and pressure changes etc., so there is still room for good weather add-ons.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest A321

Ok Im Fed up Now with this, This a typical example of what happens, See Attched Screen Shot.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/32817.jpgATl hold Not working, VS Gone Mad, Im not blaming PMDG, but Im fed up now.EDIT***Auto pilot is Disengaged becuase Im trying to regain Control!!Jason

Guest A321

I Will Try Right Now and Let you Know

Guest Murf

Jason,This was happening to me every flight with FSMETEO 6.01 & FSUIPC Registered 3.05. I've switched back to the built in FS2004 weather and these violent shifts are all but gone. The ones that do pop up are not bad enough to throw the plane out of whack.I'm hoping that Pete Dowson and the makers of these external weather programs can find a fix for this. These wind shifts can't be realistic...

Yes we need to see if this happens with DEFAULT severe weather. Flying in the worst case (thunder storm) in FS 9 I can control the craft although it's being bounced around (normal in these conditions). I will load up some other payware that are in FS 9 with external weather program and see if I have what you are talking about.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest A321

Ok Well its just happened again using FS2004 Default Weather.I Cant see what the problem is.Jason

Guest OneTinSoldier

Kimberly(Sunnyzsz),If you are still curious about the advantages of a third party Weather Program, there are a few. One is the weather is more recent using a third party program. In the case of WeatherCenter, it has a Weather Radar that's pretty nice. You can also turn on Airport Facility data on the radar and it shows where airports are similar to the GPS. Anyway, here some screenshots of it if you want a look at it. :)http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...4&mesg_id=76644Cheers,Jim Richards

Guest A321

Ok Im getting worried now, I just flew with no weather, and Weather Centre was turned off, The Plane bobed up and down like a YoYo.I dont know what to do now? My FSUPIC is registerd, and paied for.I have wasted a whole day on this now. FS SUX's, nothing ever works, with it anymore. You buy all thease addons, and they only ever half work, or this wont work, buy this buy that, that costs to upgrade, patch is out in a week.Sorry for ranting and im not getting at PMDG, but please understand how anoying this is.Please is anybody else having this problem. and why does this only happen when the Auto Pilot is engaged.Jason