Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

Terrible Wind Problems :)

Jason, When nothing seems to wrok correctly I tend to revert back to square one that being a full re-install of the aircraft, just maybe along the way your installation got corrupted and it cannot hurt to re-install. Please use this remover http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/..._737_REMOVE.EXE After you install the original release make sure to update with SU1 here http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/...eration_SU1.ZIP Hopefully this will correct what is going on for you. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest amerton

I'm not qualified to answer to your last question, but a comment :Could it be the other weather add-ons have modified some FSUIPC settings ? If this is the case, then could some trouble happen ?anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest TWA23

Jason, Its not the plane its FSMETEO. I experience the same problems that you have described. Its as if someone picked up your plane and gave it a toss which renders it out of control. I usually cruise along at mach .76 and all of the sudden the winds shift violently and I'm in a stall. This is very annoying. I'm playing around with FSUIPC to see if some of the settings will get her to work properly. I'm glad someone else here has experienced the same problem as I. This is not the plane its the add-on weather generator. Sean

Guest A321

Ok Guys I think ive fixed it. Here goes:I re-installed the plane completely, and I noticed something. When using the load manager, and then starting up FS2004, the plane was always overloaded FS2004 told me so in the Fuel and Payload manager (NO MATTER WHAT LOAD I PUT IN). After the reinstall I choose mixed class 700 with full 1st class and 100 Passengers. When i went in to FS2004, this time it did not tell me I was overloaded, and before the re-install it did?I fired up the plane at KSEA, got her in the air and all was fine, (No Weather) Climbed to 10000 and no problem, climbed to FL250 no problem. Then I fired up Weather Centre, got the weather and climed to FL310 where wind was gusting at 61 knots, stayed there for 10 min, no problems (and weather all going full tilt) Then I requested alt chage to FL350 for calmer winds (30 Knots) all without problems.I then played around with FSUPIC, and rest all settings back to default, again no problems. Then I started to put back my settings in FSUPIC, and what do you know, she went crazy ingnoring the ALT hold and started to climb at a rate of over 1000ft, hence stalling like a ####. I recoverd and check the FSUPIC settings, as Soon as i unchecked the REVERSE RUDDER TRIM SETTINGS, and Smooth wind changes around plane she was fine.I hope this helps guys, and if anyone can come up with the defeintive settigs that would be great. Its 3:30 am here so im going to bed, but ill be on it again tommorw.Good luckJason

Guest Hagar

Regarding flickering and extreme shears in FS2004 with ActiveSky, check this link: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=4358&page=Also read the important thread "Common FS2004 Issues", plus the ActiveSky & FS2004 readmes. Just done all the changes, now I`m off for a test flight with ActiveSky in the offline modus using metar...whish me luck:)

Guest whites

I would be interested to know the flight plan you have and how far into it before control is lost. I just flew a flight from KSEA and had one bought of fairly volent winds but it passed in about 10 - 15 seconds then was as smooth as babys behind. I also got some bobbing up and down though I was able to trim it out ok.Interestingly WC 2 (which is what I use) states that the gust speed is exactly the same as the aloft wind speed. At FL350 I had 77kts wind speed at 77kts gusts in the WC UI. Good post title :-)Steven.