Sign in to follow this  

Flying the NG in FS9

I just wanted to add a positive thread to this forum.I have now completed half a dozen successful flights with the 737NG in F9. I use it in conjunction with Radar Contact, FS Meteo and FDC.Although on the odd occasion the framerates have dropped to 6 or 7 they normally sit at a flyable 12-15. I was having problems with the FMC and fuel predictions until I discovered that if I confirmed all the atl. constraints with the appropriate RSK and then executed again the predictions beacme accurate again and no problems.VNAV works for me from take off to TOD, after that I am vectored by ATC so I use level change and V/S. So I have had no bad experiences there. The 737NG captures the ILS and GS better than any other aircraft I own (which is most of the payware ones) and does a beutiful approach and landing when I am too lazy to take over.I am really looking forward to the next part of this series as I miss some of the functionality i.e. INS but until then I am a happy bunny.Thanks to the PMDG team.John GraddonUK

I have to second this post!Just made a short flight in the circuit with the -600 at ESSA with the pretty frame rate heavy Swedflight scenery in FS9 on a new comp with XP Home. 2.8GHz P4 w/ MT, MSI 865PE Neo2 800FSB, 1Gb DualCh PC3200 DDRAM, and to top it off a geForce FX5600 Ultra w/ 128MbWhat a treat! :-) Nice smooth behaviour. 20 FPS most of the time. SHE'S A BEAUTY! :-jumpyRegards,

Guest bigun

I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record, but,,, PMDG is one of the classiest developers out there. They have been since the FLY! series and continue to be on the cutting edge. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the 737NG will end up being one of the standards that all other add-ons are measured against. It's great fun to fly now and will only get better. Don't let a VERY small minority of folks get you down!George Stoddard

Guest enriqueo

I agree a 100% with you. With PIC 767, DF734 and the PSS A320 not available in FS9 yet, I have devoted a lot of time to the 737NG. In my opinion it is a add-on as it is. I also use RC3, FDC and FSMeteo and do not care for using VNAV when being vectored for final. I look forward to the -800, and as somebody mentioned in another thread. I am amazed that Fligh Simmers complain about paying $40 bucks for their hobby when they spent hundreds to thousands in their hardware.Enrique O.Illigitimi..Non Carborundum

I couldn't agree more with the comments above. Great aircraft, which will get even betterPMDG - great companyGreat serviceKeep it up and looking forward to the 800/900David

Hello John,<> (From Your message)Can you explain how you do the above. I'm not sure I understand what RSK is. Not to good with abreviations. I've made alot of short flights ie. Melbourne to Sydney and things work fine. But on longer flights I have that missing data that everyone has had. What exactly do you change and re-execute? If I could get this to work I have no other worries about this aircraft.RegardsJohn Ka

[RSK]=Right Select Keys on the FMCTo get the fuel predictions to work I press the [RSK] next to each speed/alt constraint on the legs page. Some of these contraints are in a lrge font but when confirmed change to a small font.This illuminates the execute key which when I have confirmed all the constraints I press and hey presto the fuel predictions appear correctly on the {prog] page.Works for me although I didn't see it in any of the manuals, but maybe I missed it, hope it works for you.

I'm also one of the many that have the (almost daily ;-)) pleasure to fly your NG. I must admit the swap to FS2004 made me buy it. I used to fly the PSS A32x a lot in FS2002 and was looking for a new challenge in FS2004. I'm very glad I bought the NG! Yes, there are some issues to be dealt with. But I refuse to let those issues spoil the good things. I hardly fly anything else than the NG at the moment.PMDG-team: keep up the good work. And keep in mind that happy, patient customers hardly express themselves. I'm sure there are many of them. I look forward to future improvements of your baby. Thanks again for making my hobby that much fun.:-wave Henk-Jan

John,Let me too add my total agreement with you on this post. All thoough there are those that don't agree, PMDG has done one hell of a fine job with the 737 and my kudos to them.There is still work to be done, but they step up to the plate and keep getting it done.GREAT JOB PMDGBob JohnsonDenver, CO

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Bob,I just wanted o let you know I'm another Denverite who loves the PMDG 737. :) Well, ok, I live in Aurora, a suburb of Denver. But I wouldn't doubt if I live closer to DIA than you. :-hah I think PMDG deserves a round of applause for their work too. They are obviously willing to take input on problems and take action to correct them. People just have to be patient(to a degree) about waiting for the highly anticipated patches. ;)Jimmy Richards

Hi Jimmy,Glad to hear that there are more front range folks loving this nice work. I live in Westminster, and I know a lot about Aurora, have tons of friends who live there, 6th and Chambers area.Don't know if you know that Scott Campbell author of ACLoader, Harald Krause author of DIA scenery for FS2002, two guys from Jepp, and several UAL pilots are all big MSFS users here in the front range. Harald and I are planning a lunch next month to discuss FS9, stay in touch: bobbyjoh@comcast.netThere were some people on the forum that just love to be negative, which is my comments about keeping the PMDG team motivated to keep doing their work as great as they have done.Last night I flew from KSLC to KDEN around 10PM. Flying FS9 and the 737NG at night is a real blast. Got kind of lost taxing around Salt Lake, but when I got back home to Denver, doing DIA is just blast, since I know it like the back of my hand.Take Jimmy, hope we can get together soon.Bob

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Bob,Thanks for the reply. Not sure about ever being able to get together with you sometime or not, but maybe. Might be easier to try arrange something like an online multiplayer flight together on a server that ATC folks, or something of that nature. And maybe use TeamSpeak or Roger Wilco to chat. I'm sure at the least we'll see each other around on the forum here. :) Of the folks you mentioned I only knew of the name Harald Krause becuse I used his DIA scenery in FS2002. ;) Good to hear you had an enjoyable flight from Salt Lake to Denver! Allright, guess that's all for now.Take Care,Jim Richardslinuxrh@comcast.net