Sign in to follow this  

How to start 737TNG "cold & dark"

Ok, I give up. I've looked all over. How do I start-up the 737TNG "cold and dark"? I'm always starting up with engines running. I'm running FS 2004.Thanks,Tony :-jumpy

Guest malgeorge

Tony,There are a couple of tutorials that help with the basics of loading a flightplan into the FMC and also starting your 737tng from cold and dark.They are located in the PNDG folder in the main FS directory.FS>pmdg>737tng>Doc_source> click on index>Tutorial>beginners intro tutorial.Hope this helps.Mal

Hi Tony,From your start-up with the engines running. Do a complete shutdown. Save that situation and load it whenever you want an "almost" cold and dark start-up.I say almost as some of the buttons doesn't recognize their previous position. These are:- Start valve levers (start IDLE detent)- Parking brake (start OFF)- Standby power (start AUTO)- Emergency exit lights (start OFF)- Pitot heat switches- Probably something mor I forgot ;-)Hopefully PMDG will fix the above switches in an upcoming patch.Hope it helps,

Guest Ian_Riddell

"- Probably something more I forgot"Chocks in!Just in case the engines do start by themselves ;-)Also... cabin doors closed and aerobridge away... for security reasons (If hijackers/joyriders want to steal the airplane, first they have to figure out how to "fly" the aerobridge.... by that time, the security guards will have spotted them ;-) ).Chrs.Ian.

Guest Rizzibird

Mats, this is very clever! I have been trying to solve the problem why engines start with engine start levers to cutoff for allmost an hour. Now thanks to you I solved it. Those svitches don't recognize their position!Dear PMDG. Please make this toppic sticky or at least write this problem with switches somewhere down. I think it is very important.Regards, Nejc

There is a cold and dark flight in the PMDG flights folder. Make it the default flight. Restart FS9.Voila !Yes, the chocks are in their wrong position but you can fix that before start up if you do your prestart checks.

Guest Rizzibird

Heo!I started with the cold and dark situation, but engines were already turned on with engine start levers to cutoff.I think I had followed the prestart checklist correctly but I had problems during startup anyway.Can you tell me what should I do to perform a flawless startup?Regards, Nejc

I guess you are going to have to start up a 737, shut down manually, save the flight and make it the default flight (after shutting down completely).Restart FS2004. You should be in a cold and dark cockpit situation. From there open the PMDG cold and dark flight. Make THAT flight the default.Restart FS2004. Done.Hope this helpsRegards,Goran

>Ok, I give up. I've looked all over. How do I start-up the>737TNG "cold and dark"? I'm always starting up with engines>running. I'm running FS 2004.>>Thanks,>>Tony :-jumpy>I have tried several times in fs9 'select a flight' PMDG 737-700 cold and dark. The instuments are dark but the motors are running and responding to throttle. What is the meaning? dark is ok but 'cold'Can anyone explain this in simple terms please.Regards Ole

Start the cold & dark flight, bring up the throttles and set the cutoff switches to off and then save the flight as your cold and dark..... EDIT: spelling =)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Ian_Riddell

"dark is ok but 'cold'?"It simply means that the electrics are not turned on.... Without electricity, there is no warmth/light from lights, electronic components, CRT's, etc. The cockpit is often a lot warmer than the rest of the aircraft (not only because the windows are bigger, creating a "greenhouse" effect).Cheers.Ian.

Friends: After reading the recommended topics, I continue with the same problem. I don't get to start the engine 1. For best they have an idea, sending two images than it appears me. At once, thank you very much