Sign in to follow this  

Installation Error

Mr Randazzo: I have been greatly impressed by your willingness to respond to questions in this forum. My problem has occurred on installation of your download version of the 737NG. I purchased the download version tonight. I have the order number and the password from you without problem. My net connection is broadband so the downloads have gone without any problem. However part way through the download I received a request to insert installation disk no 2. The box would not click away. I even inserted the FS9 disk 2, but that didn't work. I would be grateful to get advice on how to overcome this problem urgently? None of the FAQs suggest that this is a frequent problem, or even mention it.

Sorry I meant part way through the installation.Ian McPhail

Many thanks: but I cant understand the difference between a folder and a directory, and as a result I am still getting the disc2 demand. I went into Windows explorer and created a folder,into which I put the three files and the zipped folder. Unzipped but still the same result. I guess I have failed computers 101 again - but I do wish it is possible to have simpler but still secure installation routines than this. Maybe I can get a credit on the boxed version when it comes out!

1] Make a folder unto your desktop (Rightclick on the desktop and choose NEW/FOLDER) name it 737NG 2] What I *think* is happening is that when you UNZIP you are creating ANOTHER FOLDER. You want to REMOVE what's inside if that's the case and place all unziped etc files in your newly created folder and then run setup. You do not need to click on anything except the EXE...[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest ilh

It is also described, complete with pictures, in PMDG's new FAQ section on their support web page.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Thank you all for your help. I now have the plane successfully installed. However it was done by unzipping the installer into a separate folder and then moving the icon in with the other 3 files. By unzipping within my directory I was obviously creating another folder as was kindly pointed out to me. I suggest that the instruction only speaks of 4 files in the new directory,the 3 WOs and the installer icon, with the zipped stuff kept outside. Whenever I am told that something is foolproof I inevitably prove it wrong.Now can anyone tell me how to install the navdata. The instructions are great for 2k2 but I cant see any pointers to 2k4. I would be grateful.Ian McPhail

Sure Ian, It will be the same for FS9 as FS2002, the path should look like this: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWP within FMCWP there will be another folder called navdata which is the correct location for the navdata files. Make this FMCWP folder and ANOTHER one inside of it called navdata. You can now point the installer (0308 Airac) to the navdata folder you just created. Or If you have FS2002 installed with the navdata folder just move the whole FMCWP to the above FS9 location. Here is a link to the navdata airac cycle itself.http://w53114421.user-h20.atplus.net/datas...DG_all_0308.zip Sids and Stars will go into here:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS and can be found here:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/...edures_0308.ZIP Hope this helps [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Grateful thanks, but in this case I had installed the data correctly but failed to read the FMC instructions accurately. I am most impressed with the aircraft on my first tutorial flight to LAX. Some problems but I will try again before I blame the program for pilot error.