Sign in to follow this  

second landing with the CDU?

Hello all... sorry for my english...ich have a problem with the Flightplan in the CDU from the 737 PMDG when i cancel the landing approach. When i cancel the approach and flight over the Runway, delete my CDU my flight plan. I can't insert a new waypoint or a holding with the CDU. Is no more entry in the flight plan from the CDU.What can i do? the second landing is only possible from hand...Someone has an idea?ThanksEnrico

Guest amerton

Hi Enrico,When you sequence the last wpt, you'll get the END OF ROUTE message and the route becomes inactive.We will issue in some time an update that will allow for missed approach wpts, and proper missed approach handling, that is :- set departure airport to arrival- set current phase of flight to CLIMB- set cruize alt to MCP alt (off the top of my head)- make newly set departure sids availablecheers,anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest mmcevilley

>We will issue in some time an update that will allow for>missed approach wpts, and proper missed approach handling,>that is :>>- set departure airport to arrivalDid you mean to say "...set arrival airport to departure airport..."?-michael

Guest amerton

;-)No, I did mean set departure airport to arrival. This way you can during your MA procedure select and fly a SID.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ilh

Is it common to fly a SID as part of a MA procedure? Most of the ones I've seen (US) have a procedure on the approach plate that gets you to a hold point. Wouldn't ATC then get you from there to another approach?I'm curious.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest amerton

hehe....You don't believe I'd be inventing this, now do you ? ;-)out of the manual...anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest tmetzinger

>Is it common to fly a SID as part of a MA procedure? Most of>the ones I've seen (US) have a procedure on the approach plate>that gets you to a hold point. Wouldn't ATC then get you from>there to another approach?>>I'm curious.>>Lee Hetherington (KBED)Normally you fly the missed as published on the approach plate unless ATC gives you alternate instructions. But, if you are going to head to your alternate or another airport, you very well may get a SID from your missed approach holding point, or you may have a SID issued as part of your missed approach procedures, if you and ATC have agreed that you'll be heading to another airport after going missed.This doesn't happen often in the US, as carriers aren't allowed to begin an approach unless the visibility minimums are met. One result of this is that unless the weather is rapidly changing there aren't a lot of missed approaches by air carriers. However, when the weather is marginal, most carrier operating procedures call for an approach, and then if missed due to weather (and not a dog on the runway or loss of separation or other factors) to head for an alternate airport. In these cases you'll often have the pilot telling the approach controller "We'll take the ILS, and if we go missed we'd like to head to XXXX" and the controller will say "Roger sir, upon missed approach fly heading XXX, climb to YYY, and join the ZZZ departure".Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.-Tim Metzinger (KFDK and KIAD)PS - do you still have to bring a prop lock when flying into KBED?

Guest mmcevilley

>;-)>>No, I did mean set departure airport to arrival. This way you>can during your MA procedure select and fly a SID.>Yes you are correct - you got me! :-)What a play on words. Several hours ago I read 'set' as "select the entry and move it". Now I read it exactly as you intended it! ;-)I do requirements work for safety/security/mission-critical s/w for a living. You would not believe (or maybe you would - you are a s/w developer) the debates we have over terms/phrasing/interpretation.-michael

How many times do you think real aircraft go to hold at the missed approach hold fix? I heard not very often if at all. Most are vectored for another shot rather quickly...[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest ilh

Thanks for the explanation.Yes, prop locks are required at KBED. Signature and Jet Aviation rent them for something like $10.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest tmetzinger

>> How many times do you think real aircraft go to hold at the>missed approach hold fix? I heard not very often if at all.>Most are vectored for another shot rather quickly...>>>[h5]Best Wishes,>Randy J. SmithNot too often, true, they usually are on their way there when they get vectored back around for another approach. Although at most airports when the weather is causing the missed, they get sent to hold somewhere or given LOOOONG vectors because there's a lot of traffic already in sequence for the airport and they'll have to be worked back into the flow.My point was addressing the rare times when you'd fly a SID as part of your planned missed approach.-Tim Metzinger