Sign in to follow this  
Guest dirk1000

What to expect with a P4 1.7Ghz?

Guest dirk1000

Hi, PMDG folksI am interesed in buy PMDG 737 TNG.Sorry, but not read completely the post

Guest whites

Hi Dirk,I upgraded my CPU to an AMD 2.7ghz just before buying the 737 so I don't know how well it would have worked on my 1.8. The best way to give you an idea is probably to compare the default 737 with the PMDG 737 so I will just run a compare...Ok at YSSY, a decent sized airport on the active I get (no clouds)PMDG : 15-16 fpsDefault : 21 fpsMy settings are:Terrain mesh and texture = 100%Water effects = highTerrain details = land onlyScenery and autogen density = very denseSight distance = 120mCloud draw = 60m3-d cloud % = 30 with detailed clouds1024x768 at 16 bitsT&L enabled, mip mapping 5 hardware lights 8Global texture size = massiveThe rest are defaultsIf you set the same config and take of around 5 fps you will get a number, accurate, I don't know!

Guest dirk1000

Hi whites,Thanks for your fast response.I have an idea now. What if I use ActiveSky wxRE same time?ThanksDirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest whites

ActiveSky doesn't actually affet my framerate. Displaying lots of clouds does though which is why my cloud settings are low. I could have them higher most of the time but when flying in stormy activity it slowed down too much. Your 4200 has more memory than mine so you might have less problem with that, certainly texture loading affects our card in fs2004 a lot more than in fs2002.

Hi Dirk,I have tht exact same system and I am runnign the 737NG with about 10-15fps with the sliders above the default settings. I have the FPS locked at 25fps. The 737NG handles smoothly, no different than the default planes. I have the det 4523drivers with no AA or AF and I run at 1280X960X32 resolution.I am very satisfied with all, and as soon as the PMDG team gets the last little bugs fixed it will be PERFECT.Well worth the money you spend on her.CheersBob JohnsonKDEN

Guest dirk1000

Hi, whites Hi, bobbyjohThanks very much for yous precise concepts. With this comments I have decided to buy PMDG-737-TNG.Best regards...Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest dirk1000

Hi, PMDG folksHappy, I

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,You go into the plane in Fight Simulator. Then there is a menu selection on the main menu(press ALT on keyboard) titled PMDG. In there you go to 'Register' or something like that. You'll get a long registration code. Copy it to the clipboard by highlighting it and pressing CTRL-C on your keyboard. Then go to the website, www.precisionmanuals.comOn the right hand side of the page you see the following...26JULY - New Online License Generator now available. Click here.Click on the word 'here'. Then you'll go to a page where you can paste in(with CTRL-V) the registration code you copied to the clipboard earlier. Then from that you get an Activation code. Then you copy the Activation code to the clipboard, and paste it in the same window you got the registration code from in Flight Simulator.It's been a while since the last time I had to do it. So those aren't perfect instructions, but I think they're good enough that you'll figure it out.Take Care and Enjoy,Jimmy Richards

Guest dirk1000

Hi, OneTinSoldierThanks very much for your fast response.The FAQ I do mention in my above post, is from the SUPPORT/ "737 Operations Information Center" ("new") of the PMDG home web site. I have the some situation as in the B.1) question.Probably it is something new whit the last Service Update (04AUG).I transcribe the text of matter.**************************************SECTION BB.1) I

Guest Ray CYYZ

I am running a AMD1.4/512MB/GeForce3 and I can set all sliders in FS9 to Medium High and get close to 20 FPS (apart from extreme weather). No Anti Aliasing is possible.You will certainly be able to match me and probably be able to step a bit higher in various areas due to the extra 64 Megs of video ram.Set your FS9 up with Med High in all areas and see if you like it. That is what you for sure will be able to get.Ray

Guest dirk1000

Hi, RayI appreciate yor indications, hope this will be usefull for get the best of FS9 & PMDG 737.Do yoy know if I can have the plane instaled in FS2002 and FS9 (same PC), with one single licence?ThanksDirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Yes you can Dirk, that would be not possible on 2 computers though....[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest dirk1000

Hi, Randy J. SmithThanks for the good news. I will try now how fast is the PMdg 737 whit FS2002.Did you read my above post (mesg # 16017), where I ask some help for register my software (I

Guest dirk1000

Hi, Bob JohnsonYou was right. "Well worth the money you spend on her". I flyed the PMDG 373 just four days, and it is a lot of more, than what I expected from. I am in the phase of descovering the great features in it, am learning the fantastic FMC and all of the "New Generation Flight Instruments Technology".The FPS is very acceptable (in dense airports 10-15 fps, an in IMC 19/20), but for my, the best use I can give to this "last technology instrumented" aircraft, is of corse, IFR flights, where scenarios gone to a second plane, and FPS have no importance.I am very happy with the buy.In the real life, I am a Commercial pilot with 60 years old. I started fliyng at the end of the 50

Hello Dirk! I am very pleased you are happy with your purchase, it means a lot to everyone who has put time into this 737 and continue to make it better. Due to some concerns over the license/registration process PMDG have relaxed the process for the customer, you no longer have to worry about a time limit or entering a code in most cases. If in the future for any reason the program needs a code from you, you will get a pop up message and instructions to do so, in others words, fly the aircraft without worring about codes ;)... [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3]Moving forward one step at a time AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]