Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

FSUIPC registered version..Yes ? No ?

The PMDG web site states that a registered version of FSUIPC for FS9 is installed with the package.Tonight I started going through the tutorial.. APU was running and connected to the main bus.As I was entering my FMC data I lost all power (5 to 10 minutes later). Subsequent reloads of the aircraft produced the same result.In FS2002 this would be solved by setting the battery life to 0 (indefinite). But this option is not open to me here. The FSUIPC stills shows the basic options for a non-registerd version.Now, one of the reasons I purchased the 737 was because it stated it had a fully registerd version of FSUIPC. I presumed that things like this would not happen.Would somebody maybe shed some light on this whole issue ? I don't think I did anything wrong as had the DF panel for years and this never happened with that panel.Thanks

Guest ba747heavy

Unfortunetly I don't know the answer to your question :( But I would like to point out that you need to sign your posts. PMDG has been getting very hard on this, so I just wanted to warn you!BTW, I believe this issue has been brought up, try doing a search and see if anyone reached a conclusion. Sorry I am not of more help.

Guest falcon99

Web site requires you to sign your posts!PMDG is licensed to distribute the vendor version of FSUIPC. This does not give you full functionality. You need to purchase FSUIPC for FS9 to get full functionality.George

Well, I did as you folks suggested. It turned out that the version of FSUIPC that came with the NG is just basic and does not support extended features - one of which is extended battery life.This is not good. PMDG should not have posted what I believe is a missleading statement online. To be honest, I have a suspicion that most (if not all) other developers will use the same approach.People that buy advanced add-on aircraft generally start from a cold and dark cockpit. Denying them that ability and forcing them to fork out an extra USD20 is a bit too much. I agree with Peter that he should not work for free but I think the price is a bit too steep.Anyway, nothing we can do about it but rant. Before I buy any new add-on I will make sure to ask what version of FSUIPC I will be getting with it.Sorry about not signing. Other AVSIM forums do not require them so I just presumed it is not required here either.ThanksGoran IvazVancouverCanada

This is not PMDG s fault. Microsoft has made it that the batteries don't last very much time. PMDG have also sated that they are seeking MS's assistance in this matter. MANY aircraft depend upon FSUIPC, not just the 737 NG. It works just fine in FS2002 with an older version of FSUIPC. I don't see any add on adding FSUIPC to their package as standard. I will agree that this problem for all aircraft needs to be addressed, let's just lay the problem at the feet of them that can do something about it...[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

"...let's just lay the problem at the feet of them that can do something about it..."Agreed. PMDG cannot do much about it. The only missgiving about PMDG that I have is the statement about a registered copy of FSUIPC. Yes, I am sure it is perfectly legit but to me it still is a bit missleading.Anyway, I am sure this problem will occur with other developers. So..I suggest MS puts Mr. Dawson on their payroll and releases a version of FS that works properly :-)So much from me on that topic. Cheerio folks.Goran Ivaz

Well if what you feel is that the web site seems to give the wrong impression then I can agrre with you and maybe if we mail them privately they will change or make a note about is, it cannot hurt to ask =). I can tell you it was not their intention to mislead anyone. Thanks for being very civil about this Goran.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Hi Goran,while I agree that it can sound somewhat misleading, it's the nature of the beast, I'm afraid. With any reputable add-on that requires FSUIPC, you'll ge the IPC part, but not the extended functionality of FSUIPC. So, by saying 'registered', PMDG don't mean you'll get a free FSUIPC thrown in, but just that it is registered to provide all the IPC functions it relies upon.As to the battery problem, there is a workaround - you could try to set all the required voltages in the aircraft.cfg to zero, but that may impair proper system interaction.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

As real as it gets.Tip for Microsoft to solve the batteryproblem that exsist, if i'mcorrect, since fs2000.In the aircraft.cfg split the (GeneralEngineData) part into (Engine1Data), (Engine2Data) and so on. This would make it possible to add a third engine, very small with no thrust, in the back of the airplane, like a real APU. On the panel the APU switch would trigger the enginestart command for that engine and voila, no loss of battery anymore. Simple, i've tried this but no success yet :( Best wishes, Gerrit Kranenbarg

What I can't understand is why the correct battery discharch it isn't simulated by PMDG. That will be nicer than using long life batteries or workarounds.Jos

Regarding the fix for the battery by editing the fsuipc ini file....setting the MagicBattery to yes does not seem to work seeing as how on my machine that is the default setting in fsuipc .iniI too have problems with the battery drain...many a times I've tried to rush through the procedures and I usually get about halfway through programming the FMC and then everything goes blank! Doooooh!There is one workaround...it's a pretty lame one too...but I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too...unless of course we buy the genius programming of Peter Dowson.When you get into the sim, pause the simulation and then go through your pre-flight checks all the way up to engine start. I think you have to unpause to actually get the engines going, but everything else system wise operates normally while the sim is paused except of course without the dreaded battery drain. Like I said, it's way far off from being realistic but not much else to do save for buying FSUIPC.Chuck Nevin