Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray CYYZ

Making a SID

Guest Ray CYYZ

Ok, I am baffled completely :-hmmm Trying to make a SID but I am failing completely. Can one of you experts help me understand?New Galloway 1J coming out of EGPF Runway 5 (Hdg 054)(Climb Gradient 8% to 6000)Turn L - R240 PTH - at R013 TRN turn L - R009 TRN - NORBO - turn L - 146 degrees to NGY.Cross GLG: MNM 2000.R020 TRN and NDB NYG at 6000.Can someone assist in translating that into PMDG'speak?Ray

Guest btclarke

Ray,Do you have a plate for me (SID chart)??Bryan.PS: I will try so long to picture it in my mind....

Guest btclarke

Don't worry about the chart - I have located one at the UK CAA, will let you know what I think shortly...

Guest Ray CYYZ

One of the reasons one flys in the UK, the charts are free from the government :-) Thanks for looking at it. Once I see one, and can relate it to the chart, I'll understand how to make more. It's that first one that is painful.Ray

Guest btclarke

No doubt there Ray,But the FMC sticks in a weird INTC at 89NM that I didn't specify (and that shouldn't be there).If you put the following into you EGPF star file, you will see what I mean...I will see what I can do to rid it of the INTC. This isn't the 1st one that this thing has crept into...BryanSID NGY1J RNW 05 NAVAID GLG HDG 270 INTERCEPT RADIAL 240 FROM NAVAID PTH KEEP HDG UNTIL RADIAL 020 FROM NAVAID TRN HDG 240 UNTIL RADIAL 013 FROM NAVAID TRN HDG 225 INTERCEPT RADIAL 008 FROM NAVAID TRN FIX NORBO NAVAID NGYEDIT: 1: Don't for get to add the NORBO fix into the FIXES part of the STAR file.2: Don't fool yourself, the more you do the harder they seem to get.... Especially when you start trying to program STARS that need to fly a TRK and not a HDG.3: You can't program a left or right hand turn.4: You can't intercept a radial to a VOR while established on a radial, you have to be on a HDG until the VOR radial intercept.

Guest Ray CYYZ

Ok Brian, thats pretty much exactly what I did but I too got that silly INTC which happens to ber where Radial 240 PTH happens to intersect the runway heading of 054 (GLG).Norbo is actually in AIRAC 308 so no fix required.It is like the HDG 270 is being completely ignored which results in the intercept happening 89 miles out.Perhaps Anthony can take a peak at it ...EGPF.TXTFIXESENDFIXESRNWSRNW 05ENDRNWSSIDSSID NGY1J RNW 05 NAVAID GLG HDG 290 INTERCEPT RADIAL 240 FROM NAVAID PTH KEEP HDG UNTIL RADIAL 020 FROM NAVAID TRN HDG 240 UNTIL RADIAL 013 FROM NAVAID TRN HDG 225 INTERCEPT RADIAL 008 FROM NAVAID TRN NAVAID NORBO NAVAID NGYENDSIDSSTARSENDSTARSGATESENDGATESRay