Sign in to follow this  

Big problem with the navdata

Hi folks !I have installed the newest navdata and update, but I have a big problem:My navdata is missplaced in the display. See the attached screenshot please. I m located at the Rwy in EDLW / Dortmund / Germany but my position in the ND is somewhere ( 40 NM ) north-easterly from EDLW.That is at all airports now....What is going wrong ?? Best wishes from GermanyChristianI also get an error in the FMC, like "error in line 52" after typing the departure airport, what is this ?Before installing the update I got no such problems....( I reinstalled the software on my new computersystem, then the problem occured.. ) Thanks for helping..

Hi ChristianI have had a look at the latest SID/STAR database and I think there might be a problem with it as well. There seem to be corruptions in the files.I just went back to the old data and amended anything necessary by hand.I am sure it will be resolved soonClear skiesRob

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Sure, I deleted all sid/stars because of the errors...But my problem is already there. The display of the airports is in the data of the FMCWP folder, downloaded at navdata.at . But my airports are missplaced, didn

The problem is not the navdata. This is a known issue - (the following assumes Windows XP - other Windows versions will be similar) Under the Windows Control Panel, in the "Regional and Language Options" applet, click "Customize", and change the "Decimal symbol" to a period (.) istead of a comma (,).In the future, please reference the PMDG FAQs (available on their site).Thanks!- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest FattyBear

Theres a problem with everything it seems. Takes me forever just to find airports that work without missing runways or missing sid/stars.

Bill,thank you for your tip. It s working now. My problem: I have read the FAQs after purchasing. I also changed this decimal option. But then I bought a new computer-system and have forgotten to change it on the new system again. BUT: Why I have to change severall sections, why I have to make compromises regarding VNAV and Sids and Stars ???It s a commercial product, but there are so many issuses not working. Every user has to make changes in the windows system and read several readmes, FAQs and so on....( i don t mean the user manuals, that s neccessary ) There are so many things to do, before the plane is flying. ( but it flies then very well ) This isn t very professional for a commercial software. Just my opinion.

Yes, I agree there are still bugs to be ironed out. Yes, the product was probably released too early.But,1) At least you have the plane to fly with, and 95% of the systems work correctly!2) They know of the bugs, and are working on them.No matter what PMDG does, they cannot satisfy _everyone_ 100%.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871