Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rizzibird

PMDG/AVSIM FORUM CHANGES

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi Robert,First let me tell you I bought your plane only after the SP1 was out, and that was because of the plenty and good information that was going around this forum. Second, I can't understand the Patch"aholic" some guys are!! Can't they wait a 1,2 or 10 days delay, seeing that the team is on a incredible effort? Is this like a SSW forum, where the lack of information is the rule?? I can't understand why some people are in the same day, minute after minute looking at the site, searching the patch. I don't get it!!! Are they waiting the patch to fly for the next 2 weeks, 24h a day?? I would like to make a bet, that those guys after getting the patch, fly for an hour, and then..... see you next week with the same plane!!! And I must guess that this guys don't have a job, they are suffering all from a terminal disease, and so they have to take everything from the sim very quickly!!!!!! I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!! The $40 was the last money they had, and so they have to fill that was worth it the spent??? Dont' they have a job??? Kids? Girlsfrinds or boyfriends??? Don't they bought other planes to fly??? I simply wait since I know my problem will be solved!! They have my money?? Yes they have, and is my support for theire efforts to conitnue the good work!I didn't bought A310 from SSW, since I know that is not a balance product yet!! I'm waiting for the best time, but I don't like theire behaviour regarding information!! PMDG seems CNN and SSW seems the Iraquis Information Minister!!!Finally, Robert, just let me say that I'm with you, and if I need a support issue, and I have to wait a week for an answer, fine buy me, because I already know your work, and I know you'll not disappoint me. BUT..... reconsider! Don't let them win. A PSS moderate forum alike, or simply banning the "patchaholic kids" out of the forum and theire threads, I think would be a better move.I still think your support is the number one. And I'm a very recent costumer.....BTW : As a sign of support, I will not install the new patch, that someone is waiting for until 23h59 before start complaining themselves, since I'm flying the bird for 3 weeks, and I'm quite happy, dispite some very little issues. This is simming, and is suposed to be fun and relaxing, not to have a stress break down!!!!My heart is we you all at PMDG.My really best regards,Miguel

Guest Macs

"I bought your plane only after the SP1 was out"Exactly...you havent been waiting for a functional VNAV/Fuel prediction feature since day one-when it SHOULD have been working. I say this only to put other "Patchaholics" opinions into perspective.Folks, be under no illusions here. All this "aggressive" behaviour is stemmed from the fact that the product was released months (it still aint't fixed now is it?) too early. The more I think about this-the more rediculous PMDG's attitude seems.As I've stated before, PMDG have handled the PR situation well by using these forums.Closing them down-or even threatening to would be the end of PMDG's fine reputation for Customer Support.And BTW-where is the patch? PMDG announced a patch to be released on the 24th, it's no 0039 Zulu on the 26th and still NO sign or communication?!RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 740Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

This thread is to divert our attention from the patch to something else only. Don't be so credulous.Vitaly:-violin

Guest Ray CYYZ

Hey Rob, hope it wasn't my post stomping on a certain someone :( You are faced with a Catch 22 situation. A lot of folks benefit from the open forum, learning things that really are not available elsewhere.50% of the posts here are generally resolved quickly by fellow forum folks because they are related to "how to" or "xxx doesn't work right" and not really related to PMDG support (although they will certainly eat your time like mad if you go to email support).25% of the posts here can be classed pretty simply as "did you scroll down a few lines worth of messages before asking that question to see the solution already posted?".20% are issues that have been discovered coupled with various PMDG support comments of "thanks we are looking into that" or "it is on the list already and fixed" etc.The remaining 5% are generally negative posts that would get you anything from "a slap from mommy if she read it" to the extreme case of you really should not be allowed to touch a keyboard again because "if you said it to my face, you'd be on the ground now".A lot of us folks who have been are PMDG since the Fly days get pretty defensive when you guys get those kinds of posts and it is only human nature to stomp on them for their lack of manners. Sometimes we in defense of you guys who bring us such fun go off the deep end too, sinking to their levels.I understand too that you have an obligation to protect PMDG staff from this kind of abuse. Some folks will not see that aspect of your post nor understand it.I do not envy you as you really can't win either way. Just remember, when the dust settles, the guys who always hang around offering help to others will still be around somewhere, looking for people to help no matter what happens. Keep in mind there is a lot of frustration around these days as FS9 is killing off a lot of loved stuff with no replacements in sight, people are fed up with the perpetual upgrade myth to actually get acceptable FPS, state of the world, etc. A lot of that frustration ends up here because you are the target of the hour.Ray

The post Ray (right above yours) shows what type of logic/attitudes we all have to deal with here. I now see why PSS have taken their stand in their forum. Gary Hayes mentioned Posky's attempt and that seems to have worked. The point is that there are better options to choose from. The plain truth is that there will always be these types in an open forum, I support PMDG is making some changes that make their forum a more helpful and pleasent place to visit. PMDG have never been against respectfully placed criticism but these bashing/whining and childish postings must come to an end. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Macs

Randy, Give it a rest-I mean no disrespect but I'm tired of seeing you and other Forum members calling people immature.He does have a point. You stated that PMDG never give release dates until they are sure they can meet them.PMDG did this stating that on the 24TH, a VNAV patch would be released.It is now the 26th and no Patch has been released.In fact, ALL NOTAMS have been conveniently removed, including the one which referred to the VNAV patch being released.Instead, PMDG "threaten" to close this forum down.I believe that the poster who you refer to could well have a point having observed everything listed above. You of course would never admit this as you're practically part of the PMDG team .RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 740Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Could not agree more with any other post. Good on ya Ray.There will always be people that have a go at PMDG and people that defend them. When that stops it is either because there are no complaints(LOL) or the one's that defend find no reason to do so. This last one you don't want happening. Keep the forum open. Let them be offensive hiding behind their screens. There's no honor in that. People find alot of help through forums. I know I do. I think you'll be doing more harm than good. Let it be, sooner or later people can't be bothered fighting. It will stop.Love U allJohn Ka

Guest ba747heavy

>This thread is to divert our attention from the patch to>something else only. Don't be so credulous.>>Vitaly>:-violin An odd thing to post in a thread threatening to shut down this forum. If you value this forum, perhaps posting these kinds of messages would be not a good thing ;-)

Well John I *think* it's the other way around. I call it like it is, if fact John, I would say that your attitude from ALL your posts is exactly what PMDG are talking about. I will not extend more energy discussing anything with you and I suggest you do the same...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

I really think this has all gone too far. Yes a few people are making this forum exhaustive for some members. I have had PMDG since it was first released - i am by no means a "great virtual pilot" but I am learning. Yes, i found some bugs with the initial release, as we all did and yes, PMDG have fixed it. I have been checking PMDG pages every day for news of updates and patches and liveries, but do I carry on like two-bob watch when none appear???, No. As an adult and a professional, I trust PMDG to deliver, whether it be 1 or 30 days late, they have in the past and they will again. If this forum dissapears, so what. I'll wait for an answer from the support desk. Would I like it to stay open? Yes. Only so someone else may be able to help me with a problem that I may have, rather than anoying the PMDG team.I think we all need to try a little "self control" and relax. As I have stated in the past "the PMDG support is the best you will get from any existing flight sim affiliated organisation".If you would like to abuse me directly, fly on down to Brisbane, Austrlia and ask for Trav, I'll sort you out ;)Cheers,Travis Waycott

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Good. That'll shut some pieholes for a few minutes. :-lol PMDG, I understand if you wanna quit on the forum. Do as you wish, with these bunch of kiddies moaning about a patch (some don't even KNOW what is wrong, they can't even use the plane because it's not like default planes) :-lol Macs, you really need to get a life, no offense. You're seeing what your (and other people's) pointless moaning is causing. Think by bothering and polluting you got the patch any sooner? Please man. Everyone here needs to chill. PMDG is great. I bought the SSW A310 8 days ago, haven't even gotten my account activated. THAT is crap. DP

Guest Macs

"I bought the SSW A310 8 days ago, haven't even gotten my account activated"Sigh... ugh please don't compare this prodcut to SSW. Two entirely different companies making entirely different products. PMSG might just be better on the customer services front though ;)And as for me having a life- hmmm... follow that up by "no offence" and you have yourself a contradiction. DONT tell me to get a life. I've waited long enough-and patiently enough before expressing MY views. This is wait the forum is for.Making comments like that is JUST AS BAD as the comments that these "immature people" are making. Johnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 740Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest Daniel Pimentel

>"I bought the SSW A310 8 days ago, haven't even gotten my>account activated">>Sigh... ugh please don't compare this prodcut to SSW. Two>entirely different companies making entirely different>products. PMSG might just be better on the customer services>front though ;)We agree on that.>>And as for me having a life- hmmm... follow that up by "no>offence" and you have yourself a contradiction. DONT tell me>to get a life. Not a contradiction. No offense because it's not aimed at you as an insult, but as a comment regarding your attitude in this forum. See your statement below? Proving my point.I've waited long enough-and patiently enough>before expressing MY views. This is wait the forum is for.Not really. If you call this patient we see the world in 2 different ways. Oh, and did you happen to read the name of this forum? PMDG Support forum. What you need is not support, what you need to do is take a break and let these guys do their work. BEcause your moaning in the forums doesn't rush the patch.>>Making comments like that is JUST AS BAD as the comments that>these "immature people" are making. And what about the comments that brought forth my observations? I am sure there was NO reason whatsoever for me to reply like this. Gotta love the "I paid" parade, at least you have a mostly functional aircraft to play with 'till they finish upgrading it. Has PMDG messed up? Sure. Will dwelling over it make the situation better? No. Chances are it'll get the forum shut down quicker. Thanks for contributing. :)>>Good... Because if you read above you'll understand I did not insult you, I only commented (harshly) on your attitude up there.DP

Guest Ian_Riddell

Hi, Rob...How did the wedding go? :-lol It's a shame it wasn't your own... That might have kept some of the complainers dumb (mute) for a few milliseconds. Duh... I think I'll just cancel my own wedding/heart-lung transplant/first child's birth (tick appropriate) just to finish this patch for some over-anxious flightsimmers by the weekend.Responsibility to business obligations really has to end somewhere.... The irony here is, that the men and women of our armed forces are still out there giving their lives for the cause of human rights.... when all some seem to be concerned about are consumer rights (A low blow perhaps, but they're the ones which get the most attention).The real world is so much more interesting isn't it? Unfortunately, we don't all have a choice in which world we live in. Instead of a 737NG patch, perhaps you should have first invented a nicotine-like patch for flight sim addicts? (Sorry if someone has thought of this before) :-)BTW, I really get the impression that some of PMDG's detractors have no idea what the majority of people think of them or their messages... simply because the majority is too polite or timid to add comments... or are restraining its collective self because it knows that these comments will lead to a waste of PMDG forum space (with useless t!t-for-tat responses). Unfortunately, this lures these detractors into a state of overwhelming self-righteousness and produces a severe urge to "soapbox". There used to be a voting function of the AVSIM board where you could put black marks against users (anonymously?). I can't seem to find it at the moment, but it would be useful at this point in time. If hundreds of people complained about the conduct of one or more of these persons, I'm sure that they would definitely get the hint ;-)Anyway, should you and the PMDG team decide to go ahead with your plans, I'll support you wholeheartedly. I can write incredibly annoying stuff in e-mails just as well as I can post it in forum messages ;-) And who knows, no forum (or a limited one) and the possibility of a slightly slower response time from you might actually force some of the people out there to read those growing FAQ pages of yours first.A patch is not going to solve all of my problems (flightsim or otherwise :-lol), so I think I can wait a few more milliseconds... By that time, I'm hoping some of us will have matured a little more than others.All the best, whatever your decisions may be.My U$40-worth... Cheers.Ian.http://members.ozemail.com.au/~b744er/737/Engcap.gifhttp://www.real_world_airline_experience.com 28 years ;-)