Sign in to follow this  

Engine #2 - I can't start it

Friends: Did already anybody have some problem to do the start engine of the engine number 1? After a lot of insistence I only manage to do the start engine of the motor number 2. When I try to do the start engine for the number 1, N2 arises to the 25% but it doesn't pass of this Some suggestion?ThanksJorge OliveiraSantar

Friends: After reading the recommended topics, I continue with the same problem. I don't get to start the engine 1. For best they have an idea, sending two images than it appears me. At once, thank you very muchJorge OliveiraSantar

Guest OneTinSoldier

Are you certain you've got the SU1 patch installed? I had the same problem and didn't have the latest version of SU1 installed. But, imagaine you do have installed. With that out of the way...It doesn't look to me like you have turned the APU GEN switches to AUTO. Have you? Also, it looks to me like the same deal for the ISO Valves. It doesn't look like you've swtitched all 3 of them to AUTO. After you've done that you need to turn on the RECIRC Fan. Hey, I could be wrong in what I'm seeing there, and in what I'm saying, as I've only done the manual starting of the engines a few times myself and it's been a little while since I've done it. So I pulled that info out of a tutorial that I have(and have used) by Fred Clausen and only responded because it doesn't look like anyone else has even though your post has been here for a little bit. Not real long, but little bit. So I thought I'd try to help you. Are you using Fred's tutorial? If not it can be found on the Avsim library. Just search for his name in the 'Author' field using 'Extended Search'. I HOPE this helps. :)Regards,Jim Richards

Jim: Thank you very much for your help. With your words I went to give a revision in all that you spoke and I felt bill that it had not installed her finishes version of SU1. I already installed it and the problem is already resolved. Once again, thank you very much for your help. Jorge Oliveira Santar

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Jorge. Glad I was able to help you.Jim Richards :-wave

Guest Ian_Riddell

"It doesn't look to me like you have turned the APU GEN switches to AUTO."How did you figure that, Jim?"Also, it looks to me like the same deal for the ISO Valves. It doesn't look like you've swtitched all 3 of them to AUTO."There is only one Isolation Valve with an Auto position. The isolation valve will not affect the starting of the left hand engine. The Pack Valves have an Auto position, but the packs should be OFF for a normal engine start ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Ian,Well, like I had mentioned, it's been a while since I started up from a cold and dark. And I only did it a few times even then. But I kind of remembered how it goes. But I opened up the tutorial by Fred Clausen to try and refresh my memory. First, I really wasn't sure about what I was saying. But I thought I might have figued it out by looking at his screen shot along with reading the tutorial.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Ian,Thanks for that mini-explanation. I actually understood it!As for your last statement, all I can say is, I do try. Thanks for the encouragement. :-smile12Jim Richards