Sign in to follow this  
misgav

error message on reinstall of 757/777

I had to uninstall FLY2K recently. Before doing that, I copied the aircraft folder to a temp location elsewhere. In it were all the PMDG aircraft plus Rob Young's models.I reinstalled FLY2K, and copied back those aircraft files. On starting FLY, I would get an error message-"subsystem is not registered". Then the program shut down. I repeated the process but the same thing happened. So I tried it plane by plane, to see where the problem lay. Copying Young's planes back enabled FLY to load, but as soon as I moved the PMDG planes, FLY would not load and produce the error message. I even tried to install the 777 from the original downloaded zipfile, but that didn't help either.What can be done?

Guest Hagar

Those planes might have files in modulespc. I can only speak for Fly II, can`t remember how it was in Fly2k.

Vin,I was referring to FLY!2K. not FLY2. My 757 and 777 were purchased for FLY2K, and they worked just fine there prior to the reinstall.Surely you're not suggesting that these aircraft were only meant for FLY2.Eytan

Guest Ray CYYZ

He is talking about the original birds, the 757/767 & 777 for Fly!Pre-Dates you Vin, Robert will remember them :DI think it is all coming back to me now, there was a special Fly! patch done by TRI that made it so the puppy worked.If you didn't have the right version of patches installed within Fly!, boom! modulespc errors. Take a look in the files section for Fly! patches here on AVsim, you should be able to find all the patches you need to get things back up and running.Ray

How could anyone forget the 767 for the original Fly! It was my very first payware aircraft!! Of course I did not have a clue on how to fly the damn thing back then lol....[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3]Moving forward one step at a time AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Thank goodness someone realized that the original 757/767/777 were made for FLY!.I have my FLY patched up to FLY!2K. Are you saying there's a specific patch that addresses the issue of PMDG planes?Eytan

Guest Hagar

Somebody correct me if I`m wrong: For Fly2k, we first saw the 757, then the 767, the latter a dream to fly, I really miss it. Then came the 777 for both Fly2k and for Fly II. I don`t have a clue about patches for the Fly2k planes...

I thought I was flying the 767 in Fly! Could have been Fly2. It's been so long, I use to fly Wilco's 737 and PMDG's 767, those two got me into flight simming ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Hagar

Quite like me, Randy :)I had FS98 still on my HDD, and started flying the Wilco 737 and PMDG 767 in Fly!...and a particular item about the 737 was if I sat her too hard onto the runway, I swear I could hear the sound of shattered china from the galley?? :-hah Anyway the 737 plus the niice 767 made me finally go for Fly! only.With the NG, I`m back in FS, again enjoying the High Fidelity :-cool

I found the patches. I got the 757 to work again!Now the 777, I really love this plane.Eytan

Andrew,I gotta say that I really liked the 737 for Fly! from Wilco. Many were quite upset with the plane but being a novice I was very impressed and had no problems with its shortcomings. Then of course there was this other company, PMDG, that also released some astonishing planes for Fly! AND also released patches (unlike Wilco) that provided for new functionality.I was so impressed by PMDG since Fly! really had a gloomy future but still they decided to hang on to producing planes for the sim. It only showed their 100% commitment, something they are showing today too to their new product. Therefore it was no brainer for me to buy the first MSFS product from PMDG and I'm sure there are many succesful ones to follow!/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Hagar

Krister,What you say is very close to my own experience. The Wilco 737 was a trainer for me too, and I think it fulfilled its function well. Then I discovered a new company with a pilot in charge, and I wanted a Hi-Fi twinjet with better flight dynamics. I got that, and much more...Another thing coming to mind is the Fly! speed compared to FS98. Observing the 767 passing with an awesome speed in External view was really a thrill, and totally convinced me regarding both Fly! and PMDG. And after getting used to those instrument panels, I could not go back to FS, it was plain impossible.Regarding FS9, I was "sold" from the exact day PMDG announced the 737NG, knowing I could get closer to the Fly II standard...and possibly a higher fidelity level than before. Much is pointing in that direction, but I am not too confident regarding the Sim-maker :-hah