Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

A couple of issues

I want to say first off I really do like the 737. I have a had alot of good flight so far.I do have a couple of issues.1 When ever I plan a flight using the downloaded DP's and STARS I dont get any fule info on the PROG page. This has happened from KPHX to KSNA and from KLAS to KOAK.2 The spoilers do not deploy on touchdown (yes it's armed). They do deploy once I engage the reversers. I wonder if that the way it should be or not.Thanks for any helpAndrew

Hi Andrew.. 1) Fuel progress... fuel predictions repaired in a vnav patch that will be out any moment now...2) The spoilers should deploy if armed when touchdown... or when pulling the power to reverse on an Aborted TO...There is logic that could cause problems for some folks tho: If the spoilers are out and you push the power levers forward- it assumes a rejected landing and pulls the spoilers in. So we've seen folks touch down with alot of power added, and that over-rides the deploy becuase it senses the throttle position as a go-around.Once this has happened- you need to pull the power out and deploy the spoilers manually....VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thanks Vin, I think the spoiler has something to do with the power. I usually keep the throttle open just a bit so I pull it back as soon as I see the AP disconnect the auto throttle. I was haveing a few problems with power not disconnecting. I can work around all that. I will be glad to see the VNAV update it will make a fine aircraft a little better.Keep up the great workAndrew

Two ways to deal with it:1 Observe where your throttle lever, joystick or yoke, position is to give about 55% N1. Then when you take out the AT you should only need very small adjustments to maintain Vref + 1/2 headwind. The logic probably shouldn't cause a prob with small adjust, more likely if you give it full movements.2 Don't arm the spoilers till the latest possible moment when you're just about to bleed off speed to land.

Guest Ian_Riddell

"There is logic that could cause problems for some folks tho: If the spoilers are out and you push the power levers forward- it assumes a rejected landing and pulls the spoilers in."I think the problem may be deeper than this, Vin.I hate to admit it :(, but I am a notoriously bad flyer and often come in high and fast. On my last flight, I had to pull the throttles back to idle at 300' feet to get the airplane down... but still no spoiler deployment (Idle N2 was about 63%... does that sound ok?). BTW, is there a sound associated with the Autospeedbrake in PMDG's 73'... I have never heard it. I double checked in Spot View, but no spoilers were up.Cheers.Ian.