Sign in to follow this  
dfish

ATC and STAR

Hi Guy's........I know that this is probably not a PMDG problem, just bear with me a minute.On a flight from Ottawa (CYOW) to Toronto (CYYZ)I was setup with the Simcoe approach for 33R. ATC contacted me with vectors to 33R. I tried to contact APP for clearance to use Simcoe APP, but when I tried to select the procedure from the ATC menu, to my suprize, there were no STARS in the menu options. I know their there, so why were theY omitted in the ATC menu?BTW I still can't get the spoilers to depoy on T/D. the're armed and ready to go, but they wouldn't deploy.Any help with these would be appriciated. THANKS.Dave FisherCYYZ

I'm assuming you're using FS2004 - there are no SIDS/STARS in the FS database, just approaches - the PMDG database and the FS database are two completely different things and just because you have something in the NG FMC doesn't mean that FS2004 understands what you're doing. Try flying on VATSIM if you want controllers who do! ;)The spoilers do not auto deploy in the air - it's only on the ground after landing...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi ryan.......If I use default aircraft with the GArmin, you can insert a STAR and then tell ATC, through the menu you want to fly a STAR App under ATC control. ATC vecters you to the START OF THE star.I don't see why it would deny the STAR just because of an FMC.As for the soilers, I'm talking about ground spoiler activation.Dave