Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26AUG03 SERVICE UPDATE 1-1 AVAILABE

Guest OneTinSoldier

Howdy,For Enrique and All...For those of you who may not know how to keep your liveries intact for the upgrade, or for those who already know how and may have forgotten this will be a reminder. I hope this will be helpful. The following is what I do to save myself from having to reinstall all the liveries, of which I have installed many!In a Temp folder I created a folder named 'SU1-1 Patch'(and this is where I downloaded the SU1-1 Patch to). I went to my PMDG737-700 folder and copied the Aircraft.cfg file to the SU1-1 Patch folder. Then went to the PMDG737-700-Winglets folder and copied the Aircraft.cfg file to the Temp folder. Then I renamed the file to Aircraft-Winglets.cfg and moved it into the SU1-1 Update folder(makes it easier to keep these files around all in one folder for a while, just in case ;) ). OK, then I installed the update. Then I opened the new Aircraft.cfg made by the new SU1-1 patch. It has the default liveries going from {fltsim.0} - {fltsim.5}. And the same goes for the old Aircraft.cfg I copied to the 'SU1-1 Patch' folder I made. So I go to 'SU1-1 Patch' folder and open up my Aircraft.cfg file. Then I highlight everything starting with {fltsim.6} all the way to the bottom of the last fltsim.xx section. For me it was {fltsim.79}. Then I hit CTRL-C(right click and select 'Copy' does the same thing). Then I went into the new Aircraft.cfg file(which was created by installing the SU1-1 patch), and pasted all of that below the {fltsim.5} section and saved the file. Then of course I repeated the same thing for the Aircraft-Winglets.cfg file I saved and the corresponding new Aircraft.cfg for the PMDG737-700-Winglets. Boom, I'm done! I really hope some folks find this to be useful, or at the very least a reminder.Sincerley,Jimmy RichardsEDIT: Before you do any of this, I recommed making a backup file of the new Aircraft.cfg file that was created by installing the SU1-1 Patch. I copy my Aircraft.cfg to a Temp folder, rename it to 'Aircraft.cfg.orig' and then move it back to the PMDG737-700/PMDG737-700-Winglets folder. ;)"Variable, this is EasyRhino. Do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

Erique-Ah- I knew i'd forget at least one thing in the documentation...1) For the FULL PATCH you will need to reinstall the liveries.2) For the MINI you will not....Sorry!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest enriqueo

Jimmy and Robert,Thanks for all the help. Looks wonderful.Enrique O.Illigitimi..Non Carborundum

Guest OneTinSoldier

Enrique, you're Welcome. :)I used the MINI, fyi.Yes Robert, thanks for the new patch! :-smile12Jim Richards

I hope this problem is just limited to me :(After installing SU1.1 (and yes, I have SU1 installed after a complete reinstall) i cannot start engine #1 from Cold and Dark. I read through old posts and this seemed to be a problem prior to SU1. I have checked to make sure that I am following proceedure. I am also using Fred's Tutorial.Anyone else experiencing this? I am running FS2004 on XP.regards,Travis WaycottBrisbane, Australia

Guest tascaso

Robert and PMDG Team,Just ran a test flight from KSFO to KLAX in FS9. I threw everything I could think of at the FMC and the VNAV function it ran flawlessly and my frame rates are up to boot.Thank you very much...it was worth the wait!I will recommend it to all who ask and also to those that do not.A crusty old consumer and customerTony Ascaso

Guest Ian_Riddell

G'day, TravisI think it's an bl##dy international conspiracy, mate... The Aussie version of WinXP has been detuned because of fears that we Aussies might use it to build atomic barbeques or something like that.... causing some interesting variations in the 737NG.... Either that or it has something to do with the fact we use Koala Bears instead of commas and full stops ;-)Anyway, I'll let you know if I have similar problems.Cheeers.Ian.http://members.ozemail.com.au/~b744er/kangaroo.gif

Yes this does appear to be the case here to John. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest amerton

Oh yes !BTW, Ian, you did not yet post the electrical schematics of that barbie of yours... I really had good times Down Under with you True Blue mates (been there 6 times), tossing tiger prawns bought at the Sydney fish market in the morning on the BBQ, enjoying a bluey or a VB or two... or more... fighting off the mozzies...hehehe, sounds like vacations ;-)anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Anyone else experiencing this? I am running FS2004 on XP."Ooops, sorry Travis, I just realized you said FS2004, I only have 2002.Apart from not being able to get pressure in my bleed ducts first up, I didn't have any problems starting my engines. I had to cycle the Battery switch, External Power switch and Standby Power switch a few dozen times in various combination to get my bleed indications to operate properly. It's probably just a switch sequencing thing in FS2004 also. Cheers.Ian.P.S. By the way, where can I get Fred's tutorial?

Guest Art Vandalay

:))))))))))))))))))))))!!!!Just made a couple of flights with SU1-1 (FS2002) and IT ROCKS! GREAT WORK!Art Vandalay

You can get it right here Ian http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=34250 Just IGNORE the V2 + part setting the up the MCP, it's ALWAYS just V2.....hehe *runs out of thread*, [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]