Sign in to follow this  
Guest dirk1000

Looking for a good "Flight Management Computer" Manual

Guest dirk1000

Hi, PMDG flyersI am looking for a good "Flight Management Computer" Manual.Making a web search, I found in http://www.wilcopub.com an interesting one. In pdf format and 109 pages of good material, and in spanish to, my native language (there are in english and francais to). This manual was wrote for the 767 Pilot in Command for FS 2000, and a lot of indications given in it, are especific to this software. In general is like the same model we use in our PMDG-737. The good understanding on how FMC works, and how to use, is for my esential. Is like the core of the new generation aircraft instrumentation.I ask if anybody know where can I find a good one.Thanks in advance.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)RMK/ Robert Randazzo, be patient, and thik in people who need you.Best regards...

It is a good start just as long as you know there are differences between the two FMCs. The NG is modelled after FMC Update 10+. Currently the NG does not have some items that are simulated for PIC like missed approach waypoints. These are coming as Anthony has given us a preview in another thread. Programing your route on the route page you will need to hit NEXT PAGE for the VIA and TO lines, this is different. So I would say yes use it to get a general idea on how to program a FMC. If you have specific FMC questions please feel free to ask as many as you like and I will try to give you answers. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guys and gals: The PIC manual is great, but for me, a little advanced. What I mean is, I didn't know the basics of FMC flights, like what the purpose of VNAV is, and how its use interacts with ATC, etc. So, I bought "The Pilot's Guide to the Modern Airline Cockpit", by Stephen M. Casner, PhD. Now, I know this is kind of expensive, ($28 @ Amazon), but at least I have some idea of what all you guys and gals are talking about. It is also nice because it uses the 37NG as the FMC model. It also has a rather liberal copyright provision, although I am not sure how this would apply to this forum, it may not be of use. I will try to find out. Keith Whyte

Guest ba747heavy

Keith, et al -Search the avsim library for my name(in sig) for the 737 NG tutorial that I wrote. I think you will find some information in it to help you along in your FMC programming learning. It won't explain everything, but you'll get the jist of whats going on.

Guest dirk1000

Hi, RandyThanks very much for your fast tesponse.I apreciate your comments.I keep you in mind for future questions.Best regardsDirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest dirk1000

Hi, FredThanks for your response. I just downloaded your "pmdg_737mg_flight_tutorial.zip" from AVSIM Library (eassy to find). I give it a fast read. Think is a very good introductory for the PMDG 737. I will print the tutorial, and make a couple of flights with it.I will comment my experience.Thanks for your appreciated help.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest dirk1000

Hi, RayI just come back of visit the link.Very interesting books. Just what I need (no matter the language).I book-marked the link for future buy decisions.Thanks for your info.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)