Sign in to follow this  
Guest mpauli

VNAV Point crossing

Guest mpauli

Hello folksYust got back from an atlantic crossing trip in a small plane (mooney) and just right in time to get the wonderful update for VNAV!But here I am with a few questions:1) When I add VNAV information to a point such as for example:BLM 240/12000AThat should mean that the aircraft should cross BLM with 240 knots and with a altitude of 12000 feet (or above!), isn't it like that? But when I have such points after take off and even if I have a higher altitude selected on the MCP the bird makes a level off at that point? What's wrong here?2) When I'm in a descend and enter the same type of information, the aircraft is descending like a fool just to reach that altitude, even if there is enough distance to the next must have altitude (without above or below). It is like the FMC ignores the A or B at in the entry! Who can help me with that?Thanks again to the PMDG for that wonderful plane and thanks for the help already...Martin---------------------Martin Pauli LSZHmartin@paulifamily.ch

Welcome back Martin,Seems you have been gone for a long time. ;-) This has been answered a number of times in this forum. The A and B suffixes on altitudes in the FMC is not yet implemented.BTW. Seems odd to cross the atlantic in the Mooney? I guess you had some spare fuel in the glove compartment? ;-)Hope it helps,EDIT: Prefix to Suffix... ;-)

Guest mpauli

Hi MatsThanks for the answer. I thought it is something like that. I hope it comes with the 737NG 800/900.The Mooney is a M20J-300 Missle with long range thanks! Actually there were three people in the plane! And we still had some space for food (mostly M&M's and such things) ;-) ! The range is 7 Hours. Enough for a trip from Narsarsuaq, Greenland to Goose Bay, Canada!Thanks againMartin---------------------Martin Pauli LSZHmartin@paulifamily.ch

For now just type in 240/12000, if in vanv climb the aircraft will correctly temporary level off until passing the waypoint (if possible it will reach 12000 piror to the waypoint) then resume the climb and yes this is correct. You can also home your pilot skills and reach constraints various ways here. If you need to be below 12000' and are in VNAV just dial in the MCP 11600 or so (aircraft overshoots a bit so better to be cautious) and the aircraft will go MCP SPD/ALT HLD, after passing the constraint, reset the MCP to the next higher or your CRZ ALT and re-engage VNAV to resume the climb. Anthony is working on A/B constraints =)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest cboyes

MartinSo it was a real Mooney - I initially assumed it was a simulated flight. I'm impressed.