Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connie737476

Power loss when using APU

Guest Connie737476

G'day,I keep losing electrical power during my preflight when the APU is powering the busses.I have power to most systems like hydraulic pumps but my EFIS is completely blank as are the MCP windows.The moment I select an engine start switch to ground, power returns.Is this a problem with the old battery drain issue that has existed with Flight Sim for so long?If so, how can I get around it without registering FSUIPC, I understand FSUIPC used to have a fix for the battery drain problem.Many thanks,Tom

Guest Ray CYYZ

Hit your P key :D (and yes, i am being serious)Ray

Guest Connie737476

Its not the P key.No EFIS, FMC, MCP windows or radios.Then the moment I start spinning up an engine it all comes to life.

Guest technobie

What Ray is saying is - pause the sim and do all your preflight work. There is a bug with FS9 that only allows a few minutes of battery life before everything dies. Unless you have the full payware version of FSUIPC where you can set unlimited battery life, you either have to start one engine or pause the sim.

Guest tmetzinger

And FS doesn't let you model an APU, as far as I know. Some of the stuff in the PMDG does know about the APU, but basic gauges, etc, die when the battery dies. A good reason for paying the $$$ to Pete Dowson.-Tim Metzinger

Guest Connie737476

Ok thanks guys.