Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilipManwaring

737NG autopilot, sounds, etc.

Guest PhilipManwaring

After waiting for the main patches to come out, I purchased the 737NG today. What a wonderful experience thus far. I'm very impressed with the whole package. The sounds are some of the best I've ever heard. The visual model is, in my opinion, the best 737 model I've ever seen. Although some have found fault with it, I really like the panel graphics - simple and easy to see, read, and use.The autopilot .. am I mistaken, or has somebody been doing some Laplacian algebra to get this baby working this well? The way it turns to intercept navaids is fantastic, and I can only assume that some real world control theory was applied to the programming.The gauges are also better than anything I've experienced before, with the possible exception of the Flight 1 Meridian, which is also very smooth. The refersh rate and anti-aliasing really makes them a joy to behold.I know you guys have had your issues, but this is really a first rate job in its current state and I wanted to thank you for bringing us this wonderful airliner, especially so early in the life of FS2004. I'm sure I'll have questions as time goes on, but for now I'm enjoying the product without any problems at all. Thanks,Philip.

The autopilot .. am I mistaken, or has somebody been doing some Laplacian algebra to get this baby working this well? The way it turns to intercept navaids is fantastic, and I can only assume that some real world control theory was applied to the programming. It's great to see someone notice this ;). Vangelis M. Vaos has done an incredible job in this department and continues to raise the bar in this field. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest ba747heavy

>> The autopilot .. am I mistaken, or has somebody been doing>some Laplacian algebra to get this baby working this well? The>way it turns to intercept navaids> is fantastic, and I can only assume that some>real world control theory was applied to the programming.>> It's great to see someone notice this ;). Vangelis M. Vaos>has done an incredible job in this department and continues to>raise the bar in this field. That is a big roger Randy! An amazing job :D

Guest Ray CYYZ

Wait until you try her in nasty weather!If you look close, you'll see the 350/19 wind. It was gusting up to 26 and still right on the centerline. You can see the offset the AP had dialed in to keep from landing on 9R instead of 9L. This is the FS9 Snowstorm Weather choice, it was a brutal flight. Simply amazing that the AP can handle that kind of crosswind with gusts.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/33530.jpgRay