Sign in to follow this  

Flat Tires

On several downloaded aircraft, the tires sink partwayinto the runway,giving the appearance of low tire pressure. Is there any way to correct this perhaps ina CFG file. I have tried things like the CG heightin the aircraft.CFG file but with no success.Frank

Try the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file. Usually the first three are the nose and mains.

>Try the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file. Usually >the first three are the nose and mains. Thanks Sieffert for pointing me in the right direction.It would appear that listings 2 and 3 are the main gearsince they are similar. However I don't think cut andtry is practical due to the many entries. Do you knowwhich entry or entries may be the proper ones? Or wherethis info can be found.ThanksFrank

check out a plane config that sits on the ground properly and see what those settings are, then just copy those figures over.

I think it is the third column, but it is pretty easy to find. It should be a minus 3-5 number, because it represents the distance in feet below the CG, (center of gravity).

Thanks kaydub for the info. These numbers are uniqueto each aircraft design and I did not want to use thecut and try on all the numbers. I'll tinker a while.Frank

Thanks kaydub and others who responded to my question.As has been suggested the point. 0,1,and2 are thenose wheel and main gear respectfully.The column is the 4th column after the point.x=.My problem is solved. This one anyway. hahFrank

Before you change the contact points, have a look at your plane with minimum fuel weight, because if you land with the right fuel wieghtyou may find your plane floating on the runway, especially if it is a jumbo.

You make a good point. I'll check out the loadingeffect.Frank