Sign in to follow this  
makraan

An APU problem???

Fellows,Just installed the bird from scratch with the 1.1 update. Did not encounter any problems at all. With Fred's tutorial beside me, started the battery and after that, switched the APU. There comes the fun:After abt. 30 seconds the APU sounds come through and the bird starts to jump up and down the platform like it goes completely out of mind. Remember I only started the APU...Any ideas?Tnx and regards,Michel Kraneveldt

I have experienced this on two rare occasions. Once before and once after the SU1.1 install.I switched some button on the overhead when it happened so I don't think this is related to the APU. Rather some odd found anomaly.Can you reproduce the problem. I know I couldn't. I can't stop the dancing/bouncing around either unless I reset the situation.Sorry I can't be of more help,

Guest Tim W

Definately the APU, have seen this on numerous occasions both before and after 1.1. Switched on the APU and just as the revs were coming up, the whole a/c started a dervish dance. Even before I switched on the APU generator. Only seems to happen at certain fields though. Last few times was at Lago's Venice.RegardsTimhttp://www.cambridgeflyingclub.com/images/timavatar2.jpg

Guest Ray_CYYZ

If you loaded "Cold & Dark" from a clean install, you might have two problems.The default has both engines running at full throttle. As soon as you load, move your throttle forward then back to idle & pull both fuel cutoff valves on the Throttle panel to the down position. Wait for engines to spool down (30 seconds) then Save this as the new "cold and dark".It would help if you could list step by step what you pressed/toggled to produce this.Ray

Took Ray's advise: start the C&D situation which comes with the plane. Stop the enigine by pulling down the Fuel cut-off switches. Give the engines a little time to spool down and "re-save". Could not re-produce the problem!Thanks to Ray and the other captains!Regards,Michel

Guest Ray CYYZ

One day Microsoft will play nice with the addon makers and allow extra space in the save files for custom data so all switch positions can be saved properly, but we are a fringe market to them compared to the million odd copies they sell every two years.Perhaps in FS 2006 eh? :-lolRay

Guest Hagar

This happens with engines running too. Empty the left wing, switch on the crossfeed and APU...breakdance! :(

Guest Tim W

Had this again tonight, Easyjet 737 at LIRN, Started with default learjet then switched to 737, started up APU and as soon as the apu came up to speed, The deadly Dervish dance started. Doesnt happen everywhere though, was fine at EGKK last night!Really wierd!RegardsTimhttp://www.cambridgeflyingclub.com/images/timavatar2.jpg

Tim,Did you have fuel in the left wing tank? I've broken it down to that issue. Whenever I try to start the APU with no fuel in left wing tank it starts break dancing. No matter where I am.Hope it helps,