Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

29AUG03 PMDG 737NG NOTAM (liveries!)

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Pete Sterling,Thanks for the new repaints. They're fantabulous! :D Btw, I notice you have a little puppypoo on yer shoes. :-lolJim Richards

Guest puppypoo

Puppypoo saysI`m sorry I did`nt intend to make anyone mad.I was just looking at your repaints and commented that they do not have the deep reflections and bare alumininum that has been accomplished with some of the repaints for the POSv3 for American that I use.Bob I could send you some screenshots if you would like?Or even the file if you want.I really like them and think you might too?I was just looking at the AA liveries that you have made for AA and they look very grey if you know what I mean.Please don`t take me the wrong way as I have no knowledge in these matters and with the dynamic shine that you use it might not be possible in any case.Keep in mind that this is in 2002 with aircraft reflections set to on.Bill

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Bill,I'm sorry if my last comment may have offeneded you. It was more or less my attempt at a little humor there. Glad to see you're interested in the PMDG 737. I don't think you can go wrong in getting it. It's a great bird to drive! And beautiful too. If you think there isn't some dynamic shine put on some of the aluminum take a look at the AeroMexico livery.Jim Richards

Guest Bob_Jones

Bill,I'm not mad at ya, but I see where you are coming from, that extra shine ;), I used to paint for POSKY and I know what one's you are refering too.The deep reflection's you mention, are created by adding a dark alpha layer, this IMO (and ONLY my opinion) is a "cheat" at adding the shine, myself and Pete prefer to make the metal look as real as possible, as do a lot of other painters (Daniel Pimentel to name just one), and this take's a long time to get right.No doubt, someone will make an AA paint for users that like and enjoy the highly reflective textures, but I can't see it happening from either Pete or myself.Hope that explains a few things for you ;). Regards,Bob JonesPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.combjones@precisionmanuals.com

Guest niceguy2782

Jim,you posted earlier about wanting a repaint...? well i'm no pro but i could give it a try... :( ...anyways .. I have a couple of repaint that should be up soon... for Oman Air and Jet Airways... both 737-700's wan't to get some winglet paints up too.... I wonder if Qantas has -700's with winglets...

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello niceguy2782,Thanks for responding about my request. Gary Hayes is going to have a look at it I think. But anyway, what I was interested in, and tried to figure out how to do but ended up saying forget it, was to convert an FFX 737-300 paint for FS2002 over to the PMDG 737-700. I thought trying thaqt might at least help me getting started with trying to learn how to paint. Guess I became a little frustrated with being such a newb and ended up saying forget it. I have seen posted on Avsim that Gary Hayes has a tutorial on how to paint. I may give it a try again sometime and go by that tutorial.Anyways, back to the paint. The filename in the Avsim library is 'southwest_shamu_733.zip'. To me in Photoshop it looks like a highly complex paint job! Looks like it's okie dokie to use the paint as long as it's a freeware offering and a line is given to credit the original author, Ben Hewitt. I see he is posting some screenshots(and comments) of his upcoming BA 777-236ER in the Avsim screenshot forum just yesterday. Here's a blurb from the Readme.txtB Y F L I G H T F X - Paint By Ben HewittLEGAL:It's freeware. Don't sell it, don't put it where it can be sold. Don't make us do something that could land us in jail, we will.Also, for painting, you need not ask our permission. Just credit us as the original authors. It would also be simpler for most people if you just release texture sets with instructions on adding them in.MISCELLANEOUS:-The FlightFX/SGA painters, who were patient enough to not leave while we made this thingniceguy2782, your welcome to have a look at if you want, and like I said, Gary Hayes is going to take a look at it I believe. Might want to see what he has to say about it since I think he is pretty experienced at paints(he did a tutorial after all) but by all means take a look yourself if you want. I attached a screenshot of it. ;) And, I'm used to addressing people by their real name in here, so I am curious, what is yours? Hehe.Again, thanks for your interest. :-waveJim Richards

Guest OneTinSoldier

Dear Bob Jones,Gary tells me you are going to take on doing this paint job. I just wanted to say thanks! I'm sure it will be an incredible and popular livery. :)Sincerely,Jim Richards

Guest niceguy2782

Here are two more repaints for you guys....Oman Air [A4O-BS] and Jet Airways [VT-JNE] ... both 737-700'sthese are for real world aircraft.http://baw949.tripod.com/-you'll need to navigate to the repaints page for the PMDG paints right on top.... :) .. pix are at the site...Thanks to PMDG for such a great NG add-on....@ Jim ... I will do that repaint if you wan't me to ... :) ... but you should try it out yourself.. practice makes perfect.... I started repainting only about a months back... done about 6-7 since then ... and there's no looking back... it's really fun...!!