Sign in to follow this  
Guest jayson2830

Import flight plans to fmc

Guest jayson2830

Is there a way to import fs2004 flight plans to the Fmc?

HiShort answer as it has been covered before:Nope! Do a search on this forum to get other ideas as how to make PMDG flight plans!Hope you'll find it,

Guest whites

Unfortunately, FSBuild or keying them manually are the only options at present. Searching will yeild info about keying in.Steven

Guest Fortress

...or use the excellent Pln2Rte, it's in the library! :-)Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Has anyone tried Pln2Rte to convert a route to .rte from fs2004 .pln and if you have does it work ok.regardsLaurie

Guest Fortress

so far, has worked everytime!Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

I've only tried it a few times but it worked every time.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It has never worked for me. It kind of imports some distant point and nothing. What kind of flight plan naming scheme do you guys use ?I generally create a FS2004 IFR .pln file and drag it over the little dialog box. It creates a .rte file with the same name. I then rename it to eg. EGCCEDDF.rte (for departure and arrival ICAO code).It never loads properly.I guess I am doing something wrong. Any tips would be appreciated.Thanks

Guest Fortress

I create FP in FSNAV, export it to 2K4 format with a name something like EGCCEDDF.pln, then drag this file to the dialog box. *.RTE file retains same name. No problems!Do you use the default FS planner? What happens if you save the PLN with the name you intend to use as a RTE? (if you see what I mean; ie. avoid having to rename the RTE).I can't say I've tried it with the default planner.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest akirabbq

OOPS, I just tried creating a flight path in FS9 and I could say my program has a bug with FS9's pln file.FS9's pln file is slightly different from FS2002. For example for a waypoint in FS9:waypoint.1=EG, MCT, , MCT, V, N53* 21.42', W2* 15.74', +000000.00,FS2002's waypoint does not have the "EG,MCT, ," thingy in front of each waypoint. I am not sure what that is, maybe they represent an area's airport prefix code, but some waypoints do not have them at all. FSNav does not generate flight plan with these extra fields (just blank with commas, or no commas at all), then PLN2RTE can handle them without problem.I will fix the current version of pln2rte asap when I have time to spare. Thank you for giving me a live example for testing the bug. :)

Guest zett

I have an observation regarding the use of pln2rte. I have generated flight plans using FSNavigator for fs2004. I export them to fs2004, then drag them to pln2rte and a rte plan is generated. If I load that flight plan, there are no sids at the departing airport. I get a program error if I select dep from the dep/arr index page and a blank page (I am trying to select the runway, but that can line selected to LSK3L). It appears that STARS are available, but not always. This is not a huge deal, just an observation. The program does seem to work as advertised though. I name by pln the same name I want to use as rte.Mike M.

Guest Fortress

Funny you should mention that. Using FSNav -> FS2k4 -> Pln2Rte tonight, Heathrow had no runways for departure!! Clicking DEP only got me the "program error" you describe.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest zett

Alan, are you using FSNAV to generate your fs2004 flight plans? If so are you getting the program error when selecting dep and/or no runways for the departure airport?Mike MKDFW

Guest akirabbq

You guys are great, always found something interesting that I am never aware of. :)I do not put a default runway in the converted .rte file since the active runway are always changing. This probably confused the PMDG's FMC when selecting the departure runway at the DEP/ARR page, in worst case you will get a PROGRAM ERROR.Here is a quick fix:1. go to RTE page and manually enter a runway (remember to press EXEC)2. go back to DEP/ARR page, you can now select a runway for departure and SIDs.Gosh, I just put a new version on avsim a few hours ago. Try using the above method until the next version rolls out sometime later this week.The 1.0.1 version is now available at:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=Root&Go=Search

Guest Fortress

Excellent! Thanks very much Alan :-waveCheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]