Sign in to follow this  

Problems with full screen FS2004

Hallo allInstalled PDMG in FS2004 with all the patches, when a change from window screen to full screen FS stuck, the curser keep flickering and I have the restart FS.Are there solutions for this issue ??ThanksF.Loenen

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I have the same thing happen if I'm not careful. I'm guessing that, like me, you have an ATI Radeon Video Card. Am I correct? I don't hardly ever go from Windowed to Full Screen mode or vise versa. But, I'm trying think about how I got around this before. For one, when it happened to me I found the sim was not actually hung, but if you leave it that way for very long it will end up crashing. I think the way I got around it was to either...1) Make sure the sim was paused first.or2) Make sure I'm using the panel of a default plane and make sure the sim is paused first.The real resolution for this problem won't come until ATI updates their video drivers. ;)Regards,Jim Richards

Guest whites

I have an NVidia card and at one point got that a lot of and on. Mainly when I was using the no cd crack but I still get it every now and again and not just with the PMDG 737, I have had it with stock aircraft as well.The video drivers will probably help as I don't think I get the problem at all with the latest NVidia drivers (and not using the no cd crack), I'm not sure because I have been experimenting with different drivers for framerate comparisons so I am not running the latest at the moment.Steven.

I have found that if I use Ctrl+Alt+Delete whilst in full screen mode FS9 will minimise to the task bar leaving the task manager. Close the task manager by clicking on the x and you can return Fs9 to full screen mode. I know that it doesn't solve going from windowed mode to full screen, but if like me you only want to get to windowed mode to access active sky or windows explorer or whatever, it's worth a try.John

Guest ilh

Does Alt-Esc help in this situation? It should minimize the foreground application (FS).Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Hallo all,Thanks for the info so far , but it makes no different.Still have the problem.My Video card is: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200, with the latest updates for Windows XP.When I look better to my problem I notice that it happened when: I minimized (-button) my window and when i bring it up again and go to full screen.And I have the problem not only with the PDMG737 but the standard FS2004 airplanes have the window problem to.So, not a PDMG problem?Your advice is welcome.F.Loenen

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Good point Vin. But, just to let you know, I've always had my FS resolution the same as my desktop resolution, 1600x1200, and I still get this problem. I'm just avoiding going between Windowed Mode and Full Scren Mode as much as I can until they update the drivers.Regards,Jim Richards