Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian_Riddell

No Pressure In Right Duct (Quick Quiz)

Guest wkzzo

Ian, the apu bleed valve switch is not magnetically latched ,its a 2 position mechanical switch .Its either on or off regardless of whether there is an apu running or not, IE: they will stay in the position you put them. Blusey might have been right about aircraft in air mode though, usually "ram door full open" lights are illuminated on ground unless AP is on jacks or air grnd brkrs 1 & 2 are open(or the gear could have been slugged if this was a classic), or is the case of the NG, PSEU is in air mode.

Guest Ian_Riddell

"I have to disagree, unless some CB

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Ian, the apu bleed valve switch is not magnetically latched ,its a 2 position mechanical switch .Its either on or off regardless of whether there is an apu running or not, IE: they will stay in the position you put them.'Thanks, Wallace :-) (actually, it was less of a question and more of a hint for PMDG ;-)). "Blusey might have been right about aircraft in air mode though, usually "ram door full open" lights are illuminated on ground unless AP is on jacks or air grnd brkrs 1 & 2 are open(or the gear could have been slugged if this was a classic), or is the case of the NG, PSEU is in air mode."Copy that.... I'm looking into it at the moment... but as the aircraft was definitely on the ground with no jacks present or breakers pulled, I'm working on the theory that the annunciator lights were dimmed ;-)Cheers.Ian.

>There wouldn't have been any circuit breakers pulled at that>point, Dennis... The aircraft had just come in and was making>a quick turnaround... and I'm sure I would have spotted some>U/S labels if there had been anything wrong with the aircraft>ECS system. All I can think of is that the camera is not>picking up the blue lighting very well.That might explain it :-)>I may have to check the Master Dim and Test Lighting>Schematics to see if the DUAL BLEED light is a non-dimmable>type... and if the RAM DOOR FULL OPEN light is a>dimmable type (which may help explain why the camera is not>picking up the light properly).The ram air light is dimable, all blue lights are :-) so we might have an explanation here :-)>>Excellent observation! :-)Thanks, well it is my job to know these things ;-) ot at least pretend i do heheheDennisLicensed on the B737NG and the Airbus 319-321 as a technician (B1 and B2)

Guest BrunoF

Hi Mats!>Here's another one for ya. If you are connected to ground air. Which pack would be pressurized if you had the ISLN VLV closed?

I guess! At least Cpt Bulfer states the ground air connection's on the right side of the ISLN VLV!Good work! ;-)Mats

Hi Dennis!Just some add info about the "Ram Door Full Open" light.You can get the blue light on in flight with the flaps up.Possible problems may be:- The heat exchangers are dirty- The ram air system may have a blockage- Electrica failure//Christian

>Just some add info about the "Ram Door Full Open" light.>You can get the blue light on in flight with the flaps up.>Possible problems may be:>- The heat exchangers are dirty>- The ram air system may have a blockage>- Electrica failureim just mentioning the logic for the lights, not errors that can produce the light.Dennis Licensed on the B737NG and the Airbus 319-321 as a technician (B1 and B2)

Guest Ian_Riddell

"The ram air light is dimable, all blue lights are so we might have an explanation here"Tried it on an aircraft yesterday afternoon... The blue lights dimmed to the point where they were barely visible. The amber lights also seemed to dim (slightly), yet remained much brighter than the blue ones.I think we have a winner here :-)Cheers.Ian.