Sign in to follow this  
Guest cyberair2269

PMDG is the best there is.

Guest cyberair2269

Hi all, I have been simming for quite sometime, I have to say that the PMDG beats all the competition hands down. Its the best add on plane I have ever flown better than dreamfleet even. Good job to all those involved with the making of such a superb product.RegardsDavid Bowen Cyber Air 062.:)

Guest puppypoo

Puppypoo saysIs the PMDG really the best?I`m am thinking of buying my first addon and and it is really between the PMDG/NG and the guys that made the panel for the 767-300.So far I`ve downloaded and enjoyed the POS 767 and their repaints but now I want more from my simming.Can someone tell me wher to find out where to find out what lnav/vnav means?I am interested in what it woud take to be a pro pilot and would like to have the gear that would help.Thanks for all your helpBill

Guest Ray CYYZ

Bill,Converting from smaller aircraft to the larger glass planes is a major change but you will never be able to go back once you make the leap.(L)ateral (Nav)igation and (V)ertical (Nav)igation are simply more advanced forms of automatic control modes.LNav is like a Heading Hold that automatically tracks through your flight plan.VNav is (as you might have gathered from all the posts about it) a rather complex method of managing the vertical aspect of flight from climb through cruise to landing.If you have played with the GPS stuff in Flight Simulator, you are part way converted already. What you will find is a great community of professional types and non-professional types who are alway eager to teach new converts. Plan on investing a fair bit of time learning as with this particular hobby, you really get back what you put into it.Ray

Guest cyberair2269

Bill, The PMDG 737 is a must buy, forget all the other competition and just buy it. You will never look back again and like it has been said it takes a bit of learning at 1st but as the saying goes , Once learnt never forgotten and thats true.Do yourself a favour and buy it. Contact me if you want I don't mind or anyone else who wants to talk PMDG. I love it.. LOL!!david@sd106.fsnet.co.ukMSN same email.Bye:)

Guest puppypoo

Puppypoo saysThanks for all your passionate responses.I guess I can`t go wrong buying this bird.LOL I`ll really will be needing help though and appreciate the offers.Bill

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi Bill, Just wanted to add a little info by giving an experience I just had. I have just returned from a vacation in Greece where I flew with a 737-800. I was fortunate enough to sit in the jumpseat from the middle of the cruise until we were parked on the ground on both flights to and from Greece. I have to give all my appreciation to the PMDG team: It is really a stunning model of the real thing. I realize that FS puts limitations on what can be done, but I don't think you can get much closer to the real thing without purchasing a level D simulator. :-lol The displays are as crisp and clear as can be, I could follow along with all the procedures from my experiences with the 737NG (actually, I think I impressed the two crews with the intimate knowledge I have from the sim), the workings of the FMC, the MCP, the overhead panel etc. All in all, I would definitely say that the 737NG is probably the best one can do to himself if one desires realism.... PMDG-team: Way to go!With kind regards :-waveBoaz Lev

It really is a great plane. Cant wait for the -800 and -900. Man it is going to be all I fly. I love being able to do the short hops. The long flights get a little boring. The 737 is perfect. PMDG keep up the great work.Andrew

Guest Ray CYYZ

Skip right to the the BBJ2, I wanna throw a party!!!Ray

My HOPE is to be able to use the 737 HUD with the landing panel! Of course it looks like we will have to wait for the HUD in the BBJ but I am willing to wait hehe. Now that WOULD be cool eh?[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

No problem Bill and there are great guys around here to help each other to get the most out of this Bird...It's just fun....Andr

André

No problem Bill and there are great guys around here to help each other to get the most out of this Bird...It's just fun....Andr

André

Guest Bjorn

PMDG and the B737 is really great indeed!!!Although it might be possible to find other great add-on A/C,there is something else that makes PMDG special...... the honesty, the great support, the engagement...it is worth a lot in my eyes.Best regards Bj